GT gets another huge commit!!!

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
Rashaun Grant gave his vebal to the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets! This is per Hive/Jamie Newberg.

Rivals quoted Avery as saying he and a group were discussing their futures at Ga. Tech and when Brandon Helwig of Rivals ask him if there were other commits Roberson responded that they they had but wouldn't tell him who. He wanted to let them make their own announcements.

This guy is a Charlie Rogers -clone right? 180lbs,fast,good runner but has very good receiving stats ,may even end up as receiver

Originally posted by AlaGold:
This guy is a Charlie Rogers -clone right? 180lbs,fast,good runner but has very good receiving stats ,may even end up as receiver
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">From what I've read you're dead on. Some services break RBs down as running backs, combo backs, and such. Some have him ranked as #1 combo back because of his all around skills. Like what Jamie Newberg stated on the Hive, "He is a gamebreaker."

Note: Combo Back = All-Purpose
grin.gif

This was a kid everyone wanted.

Great job staff and GT for getting his verbal.

wait a minute...we cannot get excited about Grant until 'techrod' says that it is ok! :-)

Grant is a gamebreaker that can do it all, offense, defense, special teams.

Originally posted by MacDaddy:
I guess all purpose means he can actually catch a kickoff!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ha Ha. You make a good point.

Man, oh, man! I have been yearning for another "Charlie Rogers'" type player ever since he left! He was a difference maker, for sure! This is such great news.

What about all those anal retentive posters who were so afraid that negative posting during season would scare away good recruits!! LOL!!

Way to go, Chan babeeeeee!!
blue.gif
blue.gif
blue.gif
blue.gif
blue.gif
blue.gif

Thanks for the heads up here GTT... this is GREAT news... Congrats to the staff for a great job of recruiting... Great job Coach Spencer and a big thanks to Tony Hollins for superb job of hosting.

A big congrats to Mr. Grant for making a great choice... I really like the way this recruiting class is shaping up...

Boys and gals, Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas. This could really snow ball now. When one BIG TIME recruit commits things can start falling in place fast! Chan obviously can close which is so important. If we canget Cunningham, Thornton,& the other 2 from Washington Hi.that in itself with the other previous commitments might imo be enough to call the best in 10 or 12 years. Come coaches do your thing and make us all proud!!

Techrod is alright, he just worries when things are not going well. But to think about it I think there are a whole bunch of us that do that as well. But seriously, recruiting is beginning to look very promising.

Originally posted by jacketguy:
Great job Coach Spencer and a big thanks to Tony Hollins for superb job of hosting.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hollings was hosting?

Man, I love that kid. I'm going to shed tears when
he comes back on the field dressed to play next season.

techrod,
blue.gif
this GT fan believes as you do. It does "snow ball" as players commit. Have seen it time and again.

Really interesting to hear who esle commited this weekend. Seems there are others out there that aren't public. We'll soon find out. I HOPE!

Originally posted by techrod:
Boys and gals, Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas. This could really snow ball now. When one BIG TIME recruit commits things can start falling in place fast! Chan obviously can close which is so important. If we canget Cunningham, Thornton,& the other 2 from Washington Hi.that in itself with the other previous commitments might imo be enough to call the best in 10 or 12 years. Come coaches do your thing and make us all proud!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It does sound like Christmas--how is Chan doing in home tonight w/Cunningham? Hmmmmm...said that he would announce on Wed. Maybe our stockings won't be filled w/coal and switches after all...

Coaching staff is being very aggressive in not being afraid to go after kids; fantastic! I hope that the staff approaches the bowl prep. w/the same vigor; team could use a win.

Gt98, I like what you said about the coaches being aggresive. They have got to be that with the big boys. The bowl game after the ga. debacle would be huge if we win. I am really starting to get behind Chan now, but there is still a lot of work to do first. Go Chan make a believer out of us all.

Honestly, I'd be happy if I never heard another one of our recruits compared to Charlie Rogers or Joe Hamilton. First off, it's unfair expectations to put on a recruit. Also, these kids need to make a name for themselves.

Now if you want some sort of comparison so that you'd be able to picture what type of player Grant is, Rogers wouldn't seem like the best comparison. Rogers is much smaller than Grant at 5'9", 177. Although Grant is fast like Rogers, maybe even faster, he's close to 2 inches taller and is already at least as heavy as Charlie... no doubt he'll put on more weight. A better comparison physically would be Clinton Portis, whom a Miami fan told me he was comparable to. He's about the same height & speed, but Portis is about 20-25 pounds heavier right now. I would suspect that Grant will likely gain weight to more closely resemble Clinton in a couple of years. Now that too is very high expectations and I'm not going to say he's the next Portis, but if you watched him play this weekend (on national tv) then you might get a better idea of the type of back we might see from Reshaun in the future. Just my take on it FWIW.

Interesting point Master B but who outside of these boards remembers Charlie Rogers and Joe is only slightly more nationally recognizeable.

It isn't like we are comparing him to an Icon like Michael Jordan or Herschell Walker. You would have to be an idiot to put those kind of expectations on a recruit ;-)

Just to continue the Charlie Rogers (of course, Charlie is not his real name
smile.gif
) to Grant comparison.

The size/weights that MB lists are per the NFL, which we know are accurate. Of course, the heights/weights/40 times of high school kids have a good bit of leniency (sp??).

Looking back over CR's "advertised stats" as an incoming freshman - 5'10" 175 4.4 - rated the #48 Prospect in New England by Tom Lemming (not really highly rated).

Grant is listed per Nike camp as 5'10 1/2" 180 4.39 . But that is the Nike Camp, where the numbers are usually a lot closer to "NFL combine" numbers than the normal high school advertised numbers.

Back