GT has toughest remaining schedule in FBS...

jkernea

Jolly Good Fellow
According to ESPN FPI...

upload_2017-10-9_10-44-17.png

Projected W-L is 6-5 record...with 0% chance of winning out and a 2% chance of an ACC Championship. I like our odds!

FPI currently has Ohio State as the #2 team in the land, no?

There's a guy on /r/cfb who does a college football imperialism map each week. Look at all the land we can snatch in the second half of the season:

jsKbh9C.jpg
EDIT: Didn't get this at first, but now I do... I still guess the eastern counties in GA are Clemson because they're closest to USCe and they lost to Clemson last year? Nope it's all from this year. Forgot about Georgia Southern.

Last edited:
According to this, my county is Clemson country. That couldn't be more wrong. I can count the number of Clemson fans on one hand around here. Of course it's ridiculously lopsided with gagger fans, but there are a ton more Tech fans around here than Clemson.
That's not how it works.

We lost our land to Tennessee. Who then lost it to Florida. Who then lost it....
Apparently we've only beaten landless teams so far...

Wait a minute, it's got Jacksonville State with a swath from Macon to Lagrange. WTF?

Apparently we've only beaten landless teams so far...

Wait a minute, it's got Jacksonville State with a swath from Macon to Lagrange. WTF?
Are you really this dumb?

The land Jax State owns used to be GSU’s but has changed hands multiple times. JSU just beat Austin Peay who beat TN Martin who beat TN State who GSU.

The land Jax State owns used to be GSU’s but has changed hands multiple times. JSU just beat Austin Peay who beat TN Martin who beat TN State who GSU.
You're right. How could I not know the recent form of the Skyhawks.

latest

FCS teams weren't part of the original map, but could win their way on by beating teams with land. Your scenario is correct.
FIU and FAU are closer to the county centroids.
When it comes down to schools that are this close in proximity, I think the original land should have gone to the highest ranked at beginning of season, or at least split the land in thirds, halves, etc.

Chicago, Lake Tahoe, Maine, the Bayou, and the Atlantic Fleet are ours for the taking!

Edit: And Detroit.

Back