GT is 112th outta 117 in total offense

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech either has one heck of a 'lousy' offensive co-ordinator or Tech has some 'awful' offensive players. That is some very bad offensive figures put up by GT in 4 games.
Ga Tech is consistently bad in all areas of offense. 112th in total offense w/256.7 yards per game. 111th in scoring @ 11.5 pts/gm. 108th in rushing with 88.7 ypg. 93rd in passing w/168 ypg & 99th in passing effiency.
Looking at the true veterans on the GT O-line, TE, WRs u'd have to say that Tech has some very good offensive ballplayers. Even Daniels, although not gifted, did start & play in some gms last yr. It just does not appear that GT has 'awful' offensive players.

Statistics are nice for those on top...but they do not win games.

The bottom line is that
a) we have a TRUE freshman quarterback.
b) we have played good to very good teams in all of our games.

Am I disappointed in our line play, yes. But without alot of wide open offense, our line is going to have to just be better at the point of attack for us to be successful. The wide open part will come with time, and with the offense staying on the field more. Auburn's offense got well against Vandy...heres hoping we can do the same.

Ace, our offense has not been good so far. The defenses we've played have generally been pretty good. Where we stand right now doesn't really matter to me. It's what we do from here on out.

BTW, Wake's offense is 99th and their defense is like 92nd (ours is 38th I think). But they are 3-1. Stats are nice but the only thing that really matters is the scoreboard. That's where I'm looking for improvement.

Back