GT may get rFr QB transfer from U of Fla

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
He will transfer from Fla & has visited Tech this past week. He took his RS yr this past season which means he will sit out a yr & then be a rSo with 3 yrs of eligibility.
ACC signs 2 yr deal with Humanitarian Bowl in Boise, Idaho to be our 6th Bowl in the next 2 yrs. This yrs game will be played on Jan 3, 2004 & will be the last Bowl game before the National Championship game.
Tulane very close to dropping all div1a sports.
Very interesting article from College Football News.

GT may get transfer QB .

Here's the bio on this former Fla QB: QB bio

this is really good news.

Although it SEEMS we have serious problems it is nothing a 2-0 record will not cure.

I tell you 1-1 will be tolerable. Maybe we are just going through some growing pains.

Hey ace, we're up against the big boys on this one!! huh huh huh!!!

By the way, I thought Chan wasn,t going to get involved with this type of QB. again. Not real thrilled!!

Thanks for all the information Ace, as always.

Well, we do need numbers with AJ & Brian being Srs. He could replace Pena's portion of the QB journeyman. Does look similar to AJ, which Gailey DID say he wasn't looking for anymore.
His HS bio is a 'knockout' & he was recruited by everybody out of HS. Seems he has lowered his own expectations a 'tad', but it may be because he wants to play & not sit & wait.
I tell u, tho, I sure can't get even close to figuring out what this GT staff is doing recruiting-wise. Such a hop-scotch, hodge-podge, that I just can't put a finger on how desperate they are & at what positions.
Wish an OL or DL from U of Fla would transfer here.

Could be good for us, if he decides to land here. With Chris Leak coming in this year, he may have decided it was a little too crowded in Gainesville.

Originally posted by techrod:
My guess is he is another aj!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">OMG, don't say that!
drinking.gif

I'm guessing the love light for UF went out when Spurrier left. He looks very good on paper. I wonder what attracted him to TECH? Besides the education, I mean.

aj was player of year in Ga! He is now considering us along with James Madison and HOFSTRA of all places! He played in an independant league in Va. Seems to have a lot of interest, but not many offers! Not one to get excited over. But who knows could be another Godsey! Again thou that is a stretch!

I will make a guess on his transfers.

He looks like a good athlete. Judging only from his pictures, he appears to have the confident attitude it takes to excel.

Maybe he also has a touch of smartness about him. He may have been given the impression he was to be the savior at VT and was recruited as the main man.

After hearing VT also landed Vick, he immediately withdrew from VT. He might have felt he was not dealt with honestly. He might sense something at Florida he did not like.

It is no secret, the Atlanta papers and Tech boards have indicated desperation at Tech in the quarterback department. He might have just decided to chunk it all at Florida and play for Gailey. Maybe, he thinks Gailey will be honest with him.

Maybe, he is one of those players that refuse to sit on a bench and is determined to play regardless of what avenue he has to take to achieve his goal. He may be confident in his own abilities and will go where he can prove it.

Maybe, he won't wind up here, but it is evident, we do have some available scholarships.

wink.gif

Sending this thread down a different path...

Originally posted by GT Ace:
ACC signs 2 yr deal with Humanitarian Bowl...This yrs game will be played on Jan 3, 2004 & will be the last Bowl game before the National Championship game.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
wtf.gif
January 3rd?!? (And isn't the Peach Jan. 2nd this year?) What happened to the days of only having the "important" bowl games on or after Jan. 1st?

Back