GT @ NC State 12/5 4p ACCN

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Another ACC Network game (justifying another $40 to Sling this month...) at 4p on Saturday.

The line was NC State -8.5 yesterday, and it's come down to -7.5 and now -7 today. Somebody's got a little confidence in us. Hopefully we get Gibbs and some other guys back, as NC State's one of the better ACC teams after Clemson/ND/Miami/UNC.

JRjr

This will be a tough win. NC State is very good. They are 7-3 with wins over two ranked teams. They also had a 4Q lead on Miami and should have won but they blew it.

As dominant as we looked against Duke, we will lose if we play the same way with the special teams miscues and penalties. .

Depends on what’s wrong with Gibbs, I guess. When I pulled a hamstring, I wasn’t really able to walk off without favoring it. He seemed to walk off OK, but then came out with crutches after a locker room visit. I guess we’ll never know, but yeah, he seems unlikely to me.

JRjr

Depends on what’s wrong with Gibbs, I guess. When I pulled a hamstring, I wasn’t really able to walk off without favoring it. He seemed to walk off OK, but then came out with crutches after a locker room visit. I guess we’ll never know, but yeah, he seems unlikely to me.

JRjr
Nope, I was at the game, he was waring up on the sidelines as he came out after the half time.

Nope, I was at the game, he was waring up on the sidelines as he came out after the half time.
I too was at the game but thought I saw him in sweats and crutches after the half....?

I too was at the game but thought I saw him in sweats and crutches after the half....?

I was also at the game and didn’t see him, because I sit on the East side and don’t have a good view of the Tech sideline.

It seemed like he walked off the field rather well for somebody with a hamstring pull, though.

JRjr

Reactions: odw
I was also at the game and didn’t see him, because I sit on the East side and don’t have a good view of the Tech sideline.

It seemed like he walked off the field rather well for somebody with a hamstring pull, though.

JRjr
I would be OK holding him out the rest of the season, unless it was minor. I really would rather him not play this week.

JRjr
FWIW, various sports journalists reported that he was in sweats and crutches after the half...

State board talking öööö on Griffin saying theyre glad he flipped b/c they ended up with two better RBs in the ‘19 cycle. Don’t think they realize he’s been hurt this year. Excited to watch him run all over them assuming he’s full go Saturday.

He was in sweats with crutches after half. You probably saw Zamari Walton warming up (our other #21).

Anticipate that Gibbs will be ATL, but we won't know until game time whether he plays.

On a related note. If I were a RB or WR at GT, I'd want #21, not a single digit number.

Those don’t usually go away in a week. I’d say if he plays it will be in a situational role. But he is an amazing athlete. Actually was trying to compare him and thinking Dalvin Cook. Faster top end speed I think. Not sure he is evasive as Reggie Bush. Amazing athlete.

Games are either on ACCN, which Comcast doesn’t carry or Fox Sports South which only Comcast carries. It’s pretty much guaranteed the that you’re going to miss a game in the Atlanta market.

Back