GT Recruiting Areas?

Father WASP

Flats Noob
Would someone please post the geographical areas the staff covers for recruiting purposes? For example which asst. has Texas, FL, etc?

This is not a complete list, but what I can remember:

Haley--MS, LA

Spencer--FL

Nix--GA (also recruiting coordinator)

I want to say that O'brien's area is north of the mason-dixon line.

David Wilson is admins. assistant. He is from Miss. St. where he was regarded as a very good recruiter for Jackie Sherill.

Maybe someone else can complete the list or correct if any of the above is in error.

But I thought that we were not recruiting the great state of Georgia?
pat.gif

How can we have three of our eight verbals from Georgia with several more Georgia HS players visiting this weekend?
confused.gif

Didn't I see about 500 posts about this topic? Please explain.

Haley, Robinson, and Modkins recruit Texas. I think Tenuta does Ohio and that area along with BOB. I had a post on this topic when the staff was first hired, but I can't remember who has what. Also, each assistant has a part of GA with, I could be wrong, all recruiting ATL. Again, I could be wrong about that ATL part. I'd be interested to know if we have anyone that recruits California.

There was never any remark from GT stating we would not recruit all elligible candidates from Georgia.

Those who took this position drew their ideas completely out of thin air.

The only remark coming from GT about recruiting was, "since Georgia is among the last States in the nation regarding High School academics, Tech would broaden its search to include the whole nation".

Personally, I can't see any thing from this kind of statement indicating we would not recruit the elligible players from the State of Georgia.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

I don't know all the area's of recruiting responsibilities but I do know coach Smith has most of the Atlanta area and Nix has the central Fla. area.

Back