GT to Silicon Valley Bowl in San Jose.

Match up with Oregon might be better. Don't know personally. I'm glad we aren't going back to Seattle. These games are for the players and the programs in my opinion. Going to Seattle two years in a row is kind of ho hum. Think this is better. Believe the players will look forward to making the trip to the bay. Works for me!!

A much better scenario, I think. The Bay Area in December kicks the bootie of cold, rainy Seattle, and it will be more of a draw for GT vacationers. Probably more of a GT local contingent in Silicon Valley as well.

Fresno St. looked dynamite against LaTech the other night. They'll be tough to beat.

Wow, more bulldogs! Maybe we can beat the dawgs this time.

should be a good match up.
let's see how we come out against them.

glad to see that the ACC will send 7 teams to the post season this year.

breaking down the ACC bowls

FSU vs UGAy in Sugar .. i like FSU
NCSt vs ND in gator .. dunno about this one
UMd vs UT in Peach .. like MD in this one
GT vs FSU dawgs in Silcon Valley .. go Tech!
UVa vs WV in Tire .. watch out for the hoos.
WFU vs Oregon in Seattle .. Jim Grobe is auditioning.
Clemson vs Texas Tech in Tangerine .. dunno about this one

love the matchups.

Wasn't it great of Ga Tech to give up it's spot in the Seattle Bowl & take the Silicon Valley Bowl in San Jose, California to enable Wake Forest to get a Bowl game?
Without Tech's consent this whole scenario would not have worked. The SV Bowl would have taken it's Fresno St vs Oregon & said to heck with any Seattle Bowl. Seattle would have been scrambling for an opponent to play GT & might have only been able to come up with a Northern Illinois or Texas A&M. None of this would have drawn flies in Seattle.
By switching to the SV Bowl, to give the SV a quality intersectional game for Fresno St, it allowed the SV to let go of U of Oregon to the Seattle. This move may save the Seattle Bowl of the future. Seattle is counting on a good turnout by Ore fans to get the Bowl over the hump. This also got WF a Bowl game with a rematch of the Independence Bowl of '92, which was won by WF 39-35.
Since the general populance of Tech fans are not affected by playing in Seattle or San Jose, this jockeying for position by AD Dave Braine probably did a whole lot of good. 1)gave GT a different Bowl & not a repeat of Seattle 2)gave Wake a Bowl game 3)gave Seattle a regional game & may have saved the Bowl in Seattle 4)gave Silicon Valley an interesting intersectional game.
Congratulations to Ga Tech & AD Braine & also congratulations to the Silicon Valley Bowl for giving up Oregon, which was gracious on their part.

I am glad how things worked out but this was not a altruistic gesture on the part of SVB. They traded Oregon for a good Tech team to provide national interest (instead of just West Coast) and received $250,000 from the Seattle bowl to boot. What they should do is give the $250,000 back if they want to save the bowl.

WOW! Thanks GT Ace. First thing I have seen regarding this scenario. Interesting matchup, although I like the matchup with Oregon better.

DON'T FORGET TO WATCH ESPN'S BOWL SELECTION SHOW TONIGHT@ 6:00!

Back