GT v Lamar - game 3> Mon,Nov 15 > 7:30 pm

GTCrew4b

All moratoria must be earned
There's already a ton of film of our zone. It's not a surprise.

/
True. But seeing where the personnel lineup can be different. We had Devoe in the middle at one point playing it which surprised me.

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
I hate running the offense through Howard at the high post every possession. I understand that is something we want to do on occasion, but I don't like making the weakest offensive player we have the primary decision-maker on so many possessions.
I was curious to get your take on that, both Howard and Usher handling the ball A LOT. Why not use them to set picks like every other team does?

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
Looked liked man defense practice to me - obviously needs work, but it’s early.
As soon as we went zone, Lamar stopped scoring easily, assume Pastner finally switched defense to secure the game.
I was thinking that he was basically practicing m2m as well.

RussianOffense

ROLL TIDE
It's funny how Deivon's shot will look hopeless then he buries a 3. Almost like he's too athletic for short shots

fatmike91

Flats Noob
Without having seen the actual game, seeing this worries the hell out of me. Is he getting caught out or just straight up beaten?
He played too many minutes and was physically gassed. His defense got progressively worse.

I assume that was the game plan and CJP did it to him on purpose. But the game got too close because of terrible defense and sloppy turnovers.

We can also give Lamar some credit too for running an effective screen game. We didn’t handle it until we used the zone then it totally neutralized it.

/

Last edited:

CoachTech

Varsity Lurker
I can see CJP going small this year a good bit because Howard is a LP player being forced to play in the HP. By ACC time I would expect to see Usher & Moore in the HP. Howard is a traditional big, so playing the Zone on defense with him will be hard as well.

Last edited:

ThomsonJacket

9 in 3
Sorry man, closed my eyes for a second at the conclusion of my workathon. When I opened them again it was 4AM. ööööing killing me.

Without having seen the actual game, seeing this worries the hell out of me. Is he getting caught out or just straight up beaten?
Both.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Haven’t seen a game yet, but glad to hear some of the new guys look to be emerging impact players. Hoping to get to the Southern game next week