GT v Lamar - game 3> Mon,Nov 15 > 7:30 pm

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
thanks but doesn't work for me tho i have DTV. I had to settle for condensed
I think we have covered this before, but it WILL work for you if you have DTV. You have to add your provider to the ESPN app in Settings. What do you use to access the ESPN app? I'll try to walk you through it.

fatmike91

Flats Noob
I think we have covered this before, but it WILL work for you if you have DTV. You have to add your provider to the ESPN app in Settings. What do you use to access the ESPN app? I'll try to walk you through it.
Also, ESPN has two separate links. One is "ACCnX" and the other is "ESPN+". Same game, and they look the same expect for the label. You need to sign in like Coit suggests, then pick the game on ACCnX.

ESPN+ is a paid subscription. You get ACC Network on DirecTV, so you will have access to the stream through ACCnX.

/

BuzzinWreck78

Flats Noob
No App,No smartphone, No ACCN on my DTV (I won't change my TV package as it's grandfathered and i could never get it back)
I use a desktop and don't have any such acct to log in with.

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
No App,No smartphone, No ACCN on my DTV (I won't change my TV package as it's grandfathered and i could never get it back)
I use a desktop and don't have any such acct to log in with.
If you don't get ACCN on your DTV then yeah, you won't get it on the ESPN app either.

So it seems your complaint about not being able to get it is not because it isn't available, but because you aren't willing to pay for it?

BuzzinWreck78

Flats Noob
If you don't get ACCN on your DTV then yeah, you won't get it on the ESPN app either.

So it seems your complaint about not being able to get it is not because it isn't available, but because you aren't willing to pay for it?
No, i'd pay for it but they won't sell it individually. They'd force me to change packages.(I'd get less and pay more)
Hopefully one day cable TV laws will change. Until then i'm stuck looking for freestreams which works fine for football but not so much for basketball.

18in32

Petard Hoister
No, i'd pay for it but they won't sell it individually. They'd force me to change packages.(I'd get less and pay more)
Hopefully one day cable TV laws will change. Until then i'm stuck looking for freestreams which works fine for football but not so much for basketball.
Can't you subscribe to ESPN+ directly?

I have cable (WOW), and about a month ago, they suddenly added the main ACC Network. Do you have any idea what I need to do to at least attempt to get ACC Extra? BTW, I also have a FireStick for streaming even WOW channels on a TV in my kitchen. Do you have any idea if I might find it somewhere on there?

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
I have cable (WOW), and about a month ago, they suddenly added the main ACC Network. Do you have any idea what I need to do to at least attempt to get ACC Extra? BTW, I also have a FireStick for streaming even WOW channels on a TV in my kitchen. Do you have any idea if I might find it somewhere on there?
I was trying to find a simple step by step guide on the internet but didn’t really see anything.

Basically, when you are viewing the ESPN app on your Fire stick, if you click on a game that is ACC Network Extra, it should prompt you to enter your login credentials for your WOW account. Most likely this would first prompt you to go to www.ESPN.com/activate or something like that and enter the code shown on the screen.

You would have to navigate to that site on your phone, tablet, or computer, enter the code, pick your provider from the list, and then enter your username and password. Once it authenticates you, the game should start, and you should not have to do that again.

I say “should” because I have found that after some time, the authentication expires, and you have to do it again. This is why I think their app is terrible. The way you do that is to click on the “gear” icon that is probably in the top right corner, navigate to TV provider, and even if it shows you as logged into WOW or whatever, you have to click on it and log out in the app, and then repeat the activation process above.

But it has worked for me pretty well. I say “pretty well” because sometimes it won’t work on my Roku, but will work fine on computer or phone/tablet. On the Roku it will say it is blacked out or something.

this would allow you to watch any game except for those shown on the the RSNs (like Bally).

I was trying to find a simple step by step guide on the internet but didn’t really see anything.

Basically, when you are viewing the ESPN app on your Fire stick, if you click on a game that is ACC Network Extra, it should prompt you to enter your login credentials for your WOW account. Most likely this would first prompt you to go to www.ESPN.com/activate or something like that and enter the code shown on the screen.

You would have to navigate to that site on your phone, tablet, or computer, enter the code, pick your provider from the list, and then enter your username and password. Once it authenticates you, the game should start, and you should not have to do that again.

I say “should” because I have found that after some time, the authentication expires, and you have to do it again. This is why I think their app is terrible. The way you do that is to click on the “gear” icon that is probably in the top right corner, navigate to TV provider, and even if it shows you as logged into WOW or whatever, you have to click on it and log out in the app, and then repeat the activation process above.

But it has worked for me pretty well. I say “pretty well” because sometimes it won’t work on my Roku, but will work fine on computer or phone/tablet. On the Roku it will say it is blacked out or something.

this would allow you to watch any game except for those shown on the the RSNs (like Bally).
Thanks. Since I posted my question to you, I contacted both WOW and ESPN, and I THINK I now know how to get ACC Extra. I guess I will find out for sure the next time we have a game on that network. Thanks for your assistance, though. I really appreciate it