GT v Woofpack Final Regular Season Game Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by coit, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Dirty Jacket

Dirty Jacket Something Extraordinairre

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Both of those are his doing. I’ve supported Josh up until recently. His constant excuse making is tiring and a sign of a guy who is more interested in saving face than saving his job. I hope he figures it out because I like his attitude otherwise and think he is good ball coach.

2. BuzzLaw

BuzzLaw where have all the average people gone

Loc:
    The Kingfisher
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    He’s got to get some guys in here. He’s said that himself. But I’m proud of the guys we got and his coaching job.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dirty Jacket

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Agree
    I’m not proud of Pastner’s excuse making. He’s a total bitch. A good to very good coach, a öööö recruiter, and a total vag.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. cincyjacket

cincyjacket Dodd-Like

Loved the fire and energy of the team! Alvarado is always fired up, but did you see the bigs screaming. Banks, Wright, and even Sjolund were all exuberant.

Devoe seemed half asleep, but he was still producing. I guess that is just his temperament.

5. MeatWrench

MeatWrench Holder of all Moon records

Loc:
    Marietta, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Just to play devils advocate here, what would you have him say?

“What happened out there today coach? It looked like you were out matched.”

“I just suck”

Would you then be upset because he wasn’t elaborating on what the problems are? Worry about the recruiting impact of his negative self image/not believing in himself? Think he had no idea what the problems were?

This isn’t meant as an indictment against your take because it’s as valid as any but I have a hard time discerning what exactly people want to know about why something bad or negative happened but say they don’t want excuses. Where do you draw the line between describing what’s going on and making excuses for what happened?

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Dirty Jacket

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I feel like I’ve made it obvious - stop making absurd excuses and recruit. That’s the problem. The narratives he tries to sell are so outlandish that it makes him and by extension our program look foolish.
    First it was the “major rebuild” storyline, right? Except he went to the NIT championship game with all Gregory players his first year. But he kept pimping the major rebuild story even though it made zero sense. Overlooking the fact that that story was a total slap in the face of all players on the squad.
    This year, year 3, the big excuse is Josh Okogie blind siding him by going pro? Any time he’s asked why our offense sucks it’s because Josh Okogie decided late to go pro? Wtf? Like josh Okogie not being here is why no one is capable of making an uncontested lay up or hitting an open jumper.
    After the BC win he went on incessantly about how amazing of a team BC is, they’re so amazing so great so so so great. What a great team!

He doesn’t have a single high school commit at present. Damn Josh Okogie.

• Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  7. Dirty Jacket

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    @coit - you and Pastner are two peas in a pod. I’m not surprised that you big cry every post calling out a bitch like Pastner.

• Big Cry Big Cry x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1