GT vs. LSU - 12/11 - 6:00 PM - State Farm Arena

1982Jacket

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
This is not one of those games where you say "our guys gave it their all" – our guys looked like they didn't want to be there in the 2H
I empathize. I didn't want to watch them in the 2H.

BuzzinWreck78

Flats Noob
Smith and Howard need to stop shooting. Period.

And the entire team needs to spend four hours tomorrrow morning doing nothing but shooting free throws. No one on the team shooting better than 50 percent. They ought to be embarrassed.
Unfortunately Khalid and Jordan shouldn't shoot from 3, which only leaves devoe in many sets,

ThomsonJacket

9 in 3
This was the first game this season where it looked like they quit. Pastner has somethings to figure out, and quickly. Hopefully, with Bubbas return it will help the depth with an experienced guy. I'm not ready to write off a good run through the season yet.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
This was the first game this season where it looked like they quit. Pastner has somethings to figure out, and quickly. Hopefully, with Bubbas return it will help the depth with an experienced guy. I'm not ready to write off a good run through the season yet.
Depth is good as long as Parham can knock down shots consistently. If not, then he's just another smallish G that is a defensive liability.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Smith's line is one of the worst I have ever read at any level.

0 pts, 1 Rebound, 3 Turnovers and 4 PFs. He's shooting 60% free throws and an unbelieveable 37.5% from the field for the year. If he is really one of our best five, then öööö us. He needs to sit.
I like the kid though I agree this was an unusually bad night

RussianOffense

Tabbed as one of the elite posters of Stingtalk
Got to find better offense. Tonight was Gregory-esque

All of Howard's shots seem like blind prayers. He needs to look the basket down

Beej1953

Varsity Lurker
This is just a very mediocre team, once you get past Devoe. Usher is nothing special, Howard, Moore, and Sturdivant are not very good. Hope Pastner is doing som3 major recruiting for next year.

1982Jacket

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
This is just a very mediocre team, once you get past Devoe. Usher is nothing special, Howard, Moore, and Sturdivant are not very good. Hope Pastner is doing som3 major recruiting for next year.
So far, it looks like he has no commits or even any really good likely prospects. It looks grim.

RussianOffense

Tabbed as one of the elite posters of Stingtalk
So far, it looks like he has no commits or even any really good likely prospects. It looks grim.
Hard to understand. Is he just fat and happy after the ACC Championship and not hitting the road recruiting? Caught up with his family and all the kids? How are we in this spot? What is the rest of the staff doing? We should be capitalizing on our success.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
Got to find better offense. Tonight was Gregory-esque

All of Howard's shots seem like blind prayers. He needs to look the basket down
Better offense comes with better offensive players. If i’m coaching against us, Im locking down Devoe with a long athletic defender and making the other 4 guys beat me. If i dont have that long athletic guy to defend Devoe, then I’m defending the perimeter with an emphasis on Devoe because there is not an inside scoring presence as GT lives to launch.

The Jacket

The Coat
PASTNER actually believes that the team does not need players ! All it needs is his coaching and he believes we will win well guess WHAT coach ..? IT A'INT WORKIN' ! I have been following TECH basketball since the days of the 3 LETHAL WEAPONS and I have had just about enough off this !

"Go Jackets !"

gtphd

Gets banned when uga has a recruiting violation
Hard to understand. Is he just fat and happy after the ACC Championship and not hitting the road recruiting? Caught up with his family and all the kids? How are we in this spot? What is the rest of the staff doing? We should be capitalizing on our success.
If only there were a few people last season saying “don’t extend him, yet.”

madRazor

Hard
Staring at 0-4 in WISCUNCLSUUSC stretch, which would be close to a nail in the coffin for postseason aspirations. We'd have to finish probably top 5 in the ACC reg season to sniff NCAA, and don't see that happening with the current version of clogged toilet offense. Bubba returning looks like only possible lifeline.

Howard doesn't have "it", at least this year, so continuing to play a traditional 5 essentially tanks this year (others noted how easy it is to gameplan against us) while hoping for enough development from this year's playing time to make the next couple years ok. But yeah, why the öööö can't we recruit bigs?

atlanta jacket

Dodd-Like
Quick (and maybe stupid) Question: Does anyone know whether Tech will be considered the "home" team on Sat night and would they be seated on what would normally be the Hawks bench? I've spent a few minutes looking but cannot find out specifically. RW.com & State Farm page state "GT vs LSU" rather than the opposite which would lead me to believe Tech is "home" even though a neutral site. Want to pick up tickets for my sons and I and would like to sit close to bench if possible.

Second, anyone know if the arena requires (or will require for this event), a COVID vax or negative test? The SFA site says some, but not all, will.
This team lacks scoring, we are going to be a NIT team at best.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Are all LSU fans insufferable pricks or just the two I sat next to?