GTech to SEC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carib

Varsity Lurker
Their was alot of sentiment on the Hive last season that the ACC needs to expand or GTech should join the SEC. Do posters on this board feel the same?

law_bee

Dodd-Like
ACC is better fit for GT.

and I would NEVER want to give up ACC basketball.

look at maryland the only GOOD team they beat was probably us and they are going to the bcs.

Georgia beat the team that will probably play for nat title and they are no where near going to bcs.

they have to go through tenn, fl, and auburn and SC every year.

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
Law Bee,

I understand your feelings on moving to the SEC. I want to point out one thing, though. If the ACC expands and adds Miami and VT, then the ACC will be just as difficult to get through as the SEC. Maybe even more difficult. I think that using the excuse of "the schedule would be too hard" is defeatist and is no reason not to expand or to jump conferences. FWIW, I hope we stay in the ACC and add 3 teams to go up to 12. For me, that would be Miami, VT and maybe BC or Louisville. Just MHO.

law_bee

Dodd-Like
I believe even if they add miami, vtech, syracuse etc. it will still not be as bad at sec east.

I believe that the ACC will learn from the SEC and create a structure that splits up miami and fsu.

I believe UGA is in a bad situation every year. I dont think they will ever beat fl and tenn in the same year and if we were to go to the sec we would (i believe) have to be in the sec east. Screw that. I really dont want Ugag to be a conferance game anyway.

I question if the ACC actually ever expands, b/c basketball would have to be separated and that seems like a tall order.

Not to mention what becomes of the rest of the big east. They could not survive w/o VT and Miami.

I actually believe a playoff type structure is more likely then ACC expansion. If we go to 8 team playoff then I definitely do not want to play MORE TOUGH GAMES. When we get auburn on our ooc schedule we will be fine.

beej67

new around here
If GT was in the SEC West this year we might have two division wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.