Gut check time for Chan...

gr8fulbuzz

Varsity Lurker
Firstly, there is no way CCG deserves to be fired at this stage, but if he doesn't change some things by next year, I have little doubt that he will be gone after next season. Being at the helm during the Jackets' worst loss ever to the Dawgs should be sufficient to serve as his wake up call. I think he has had his head in the sand all season, and taking the easy road out by blaming injuries for the teams lackluster performances. I can only go by what I see...dropped passes game after game, miscommunication between QB and receivers, pass defenders not looking for the ball, predictable play calling at times and poor decision making at QB. CCG needs to take a hard look at these areas and others and do what is best for the team even if the necessary decisions are difficult and painful. Lastly, if he wants any chance at saving himself next year, he needs to bust his a$$ on the recruiting train between now and February.

Honestly, I don't think he knew what all was going to be involved being a D-1A head coach. Hopefully now that he has a season under his belt, he has learned what is necessary and can make the right decisions to get the team back on track.

I take some heart in what Al Groh has done at UVA (especially recruiting wise). Groh had a rough first year as well, but has steadilly improved. I'm hoping CCG can do the same.

GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back