Happy 2.26

Since that play and the seeing the Film Room, I've always understood Cutcliffe to call the "end of the National Championship" along with seeing the "same coverage" as if he could tell that Bama would score there. Gave him credit. After viewing that a couple of more times today though, it appears he says "here's where the turnover happens. this might be the end of the National Championship". So, IOW, instead of being a genius and nailing the last play, he predicted the other way.

Shame on me.

Gift That Keeps On Giving GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I like the full immersion of this video -- the 3:4 aspect ratio makes it look like we're watching it on the type of ööööty old TV that the average dwag fan can afford.

I suggest replaying at the 1:05 mark.
Not only do you get to listen to the tears falling from the sky, but the camera angle lets you watch Sanders (#24) playing with himself instead of helping over the top. He went back and forth kicking dirt during the play, then saw a tight end on a harmless cross that distracted him. And you are not going to catch the Slim Reaper when that happens.

I listened to the post-game interview with Devontae Smith - I did not know he originally committed to the dwags. Wow, that's even awesomer.

Since that play and the seeing the Film Room, I've always understood Cutcliffe to call the "end of the National Championship" along with seeing the "same coverage" as if he could tell that Bama would score there. Gave him credit. After viewing that a couple of more times today though, it appears he says "here's where the turnover happens. this might be the end of the National Championship". So, IOW, instead of being a genius and nailing the last play, he predicted the other way.

Shame on me.
Tell me more. I've always thought Cutcliffe was prescient, too. What's your reasoning for thinking he was predicting a TO instead of a TD?

5. Ghostbusters
4. Young Frankenstein
3. Life of Brian
2. Blazing Saddles
1. 2nd & 26

Tell me more. I've always thought Cutcliffe was prescient, too. What's your reasoning for thinking he was predicting a TO instead of a TD?

In that mashup of all the TV and radio calls, you hear him state”this could be the end....” but if you go and listen to the full length Coaches Film Room (YouTube) as Bama takes the field in their possession the coaches collectively joke that “a TD wins the game” followed up with “well so does a turnover”. Tua takes the sack and they lament him being a true freshman. As they snap the 2/26 play, Cutcliffe says “Here’s where the turnover might happen right here. This may end the NC game right here.”
Here is an attempt at a timestamped link from my phone but go to 3h36m55s if not:

Last edited:
My favorite is the Georgia announcers just pleases the disappointment<
Second would be the Hispanic one's they make sports just fun
Hispanic play by play is far more advanced than Gringo play by play. We need to catch up.

In a way, it would be like Russia beating us to the moon.

Back