Hard to beat the cheaters

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
Excerpt from an upcoming book about Jim Harbaugh.

"I know for a fact there are players getting paid [at other schools]," Mauti said. "Guys I know are getting tens of thousands of dollars a year. They give you credit cards until they run out. There's a lot of money involved. One hundred thousand dollars? Over the course of five years? Easily. I was offered money. They don't come out and say they're going to give you this money, but their players know the way things work, and they tell you. It's a different culture out there."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...ege-football-crossroads/ar-AAGkLK5?li=BBnb7Kz

shockingly enough, it leaves out the part where he pisses on transfers, and makes himself out to be some sort of angel.

Great article. I’m not a Harbaugh fan, but kudoos for calling out the cheaters. I imagine we all know who they are.

I’m amazed that Michigan was able to run a squeaky clean, honor based football program all those years while their BB program was dirty as hell. They must have two sets of donors and two athletic associations.

Yeah, no.

Oh yeah. I totes believe that a football player turned down hundred of thousands of dollars from some other school to attend Michigan for $0. Right... Michigan would never cheat :bfd:

Oh yeah. I totes believe that a football player turned down hundred of thousands of dollars from some other school to attend Michigan for $0. Right... Michigan would never cheat :bfd:

No, never. Not Bo. Not Gary Moeller (burp). Not Lloyd Carr. Not Brady Hoke.
No. No tainting at all of the maize and blue. ....

öööö, how much would have to get paid to live in Ann Arbor? Maybe we oughta ask around the Wolverines' football facility....

We are talking about the same program that created one of the best cheaters of all time..... Tom "subvert and deny" Brady.

No, never. Not Bo. Not Gary Moeller (burp). Not Lloyd Carr. Not Brady Hoke.
No. No tainting at all of the maize and blue. ....

öööö, how much would have to get paid to live in Ann Arbor? Maybe we oughta ask around the Wolverines' football facility....

Why no love for RichRod?

The most interesting part of that article is at the end...about Alabama and Auburn “cheating legally”.

The cheating is ruining college football. Pay the players out in the open. Put it all in the light.

Ruining? It's been going on for decades.

Under a pay the players out in the open model, you realize that GT would opt out at that point and join whatever like minded schools are left that wish to play. If the NCAA can't get the stipend part right, I doubt they would get the pay them out in the open model right either.

Ruining? It's been going on for decades.

Under a pay the players out in the open model, you realize that GT would opt out at that point and join whatever like minded schools are left that wish to play. If the NCAA can't get the stipend part right, I doubt they would get the pay them out in the open model right either.

And as long as there is some sort of cap on what they're paid, the factories will continue to skirt the rules just like the SEC schools do now with fudged cost-of-attendance numbers.

And as long as there is some sort of cap on what they're paid, the factories will continue to cut corners just like the SEC schools do now with fudged cost-of-attendance numbers.

Bingo. The fact that Miss. St. cost of living was higher than Atlanta's tells you all you need to know.

The above the table idea won't erase the below the table part (as others have said). Having an independent body overseeing things that isn't financially dependent upon the schools is the only way it will get cleaned up. That won't happen as the schools won't give the NCAA that power.

And as long as there is some sort of cap on what they're paid, the factories will continue to skirt the rules just like the SEC schools do now with fudged cost-of-attendance numbers.
If you pay above the table you just start a below the table bidding war. The real solution is to provide a bypass to the NFL minor league for those who want it. Let it be so.
I wasn’t talking about capping how much they can make. But I like the idea of a nfl minor league that will allow players that don’t care about/can’t get into college to play and get paid.

I wasn’t talking about capping how much they can make. But I like the idea of a nfl minor league that will allow players that don’t care about/can’t get into college to play and get paid.

How do you expect that to happen when the NFL gets a free minor league from college football? Who is going to make them start that?

There is no demand for a minor league that isnt already set up(CFB). Is the government going to have to come in require the NFL to set that up? Who says colleges won't keep doing what they're doing even if the better players go to a minor league, they will still pay for the best left over.

How do you expect that to happen when the NFL gets a free minor league from college football? Who is going to make them start that?

There is no demand for a minor league that isnt already set up(CFB). Is the government going to have to come in require the NFL to set that up? Who says colleges won't keep doing what they're doing even if the better players go to a minor league, they will still pay for the best left over.
My original post was to put everything in the light and let players get paid according to the free market. If we are willing to pony up $1million, and Alabama is willing to pony up $3million, we won’t be winning many championships. But we will know why and where we need to be if we find football important enough.

I freely admit I don’t have all the answers, but it’s evident that the current system:
(1) doesn’t prevent massive cheating;
(2) doesn’t hand down consistent punishments to those who do cheat;
(3) doesn’t make education a priority;
(4) is designed to have as much money as possible pumped into the institutions.

Ncaa is the mob. Many student athletes aren’t students. Colleges don’t care. Players are slaves working their asses off so their masters can get paid.

Last edited:
Back