Hardknocks Discussion (HBO)

AJASjacket

Varsity Lurker
Good to see Darren Waller doing better. Hope he can represent GT in the league moving forward.

Also, this episode was worth it alone for the cracks on Hunter Renfrow.

Anyone else watching this season? Even if it’s not a particularly great series, it gets me hyped up for football season.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
Yeah. I was reminded again of just how articulate Waller is on camera. Sounds like he finally has his life together and I'm glad he's getting a second chance. It appears he's making the most of it because Gruden seems to love him.

Deke

Everybody relax, I'm here.
I'm hate-watching (although I think I've only seen the first episode and a half so far). I didn't really have a strong opinion on the Raiders previously, but I kind of hope they lose every game based on my viewing so far. Gruden is a clown, and I don't know how any of those players take him seriously when he starts acting all angry (his little speech/tirade in the team meeting at the beginning of the second episode was cringe inducing). Derek Carr, who does come off as a decent guy at least, has the personality or a rice cake. AB is a headcase. That's cool that Waller is getting some screen time though. I had forgotten he was with the Raiders.

I came away from last season actually kind of pulling for the Browns, so maybe it'll turn around.

Athletic Supporter

From a certain point of view
After watching Last Chance U, I was almost surprised that Gruden didn't verbally abuse players like a self-loathing, drunken, father. He seems downright pleasant in comparison.

Last edited:

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
After watching Last Chance U, I was almost surprised that Gruden didn't verbally abuse guys players like a self-loathing, drunken, father. He seems downright pleasant in comparison.

Verbal abuse doesn't work well on high dollar professional athletes.

Deke

Everybody relax, I'm here.
Oh man, just started watching the 3rd episode. Frank Calliendo’s Gruden was pretty great. “NOW IM GONNA YELL FOR NO ööööING REASON!”

Edit: And damnit, this episode is starting to put a crimp in my hate-watching. Starting to like some of the players.

Last edited: