Hate to make excuses, but...

scatman22

Flats Noob
GT combined opponents record so far is 33-9. Five teams we lost to are 27-4 so far. Thank god it gets a lot easier with FSU, Va Tech, Miami, and UGA coming up. They are a paltry 18-8 so far on the season

I think our opponents are better than their name brand (yeah, even Notre Dame).

That does not change how poorly we've played in all areas.
That being said this season will hopefully give pause to the people who want to replace all our FCS games with SEC teams.

We all knew we had a challenging schedule. Nothing has changed. GT just failed to execute on the field.

GT combined opponents record so far is 33-9. Five teams we lost to are 27-4 so far. Thank god it gets a lot easier with FSU, Va Tech, Miami, and UGA coming up. They are a paltry 18-8 so far on the season

Well they would be 22-9 if we didn't lose them all

Well they would be 22-9 if we didn't lose them all

You're mixing up numbers there. Without their wins over us, our last five opponents were 22-4. For our schedule overall, 28-7 not including the wins/losses against us.

Sure, we may only win these games every 1 out of 10 tries, but surely that means we will win one more game this season, right?

I think our opponents are better than their name brand (yeah, even Notre Dame).

That does not change how poorly we've played in all areas.
That being said this season will hopefully give pause to the people who want to replace all our FCS games with SEC teams.

Bring on the tougher schedule and let's rise to the challenge. This whole 'let's be thankful for the crip games so we can lumber toward a winning season' is just another instance of accepting mediocrity.Think of the cachet that would bring to the program. 'These guys aren't afraid to play anybody.'

Bring on the tougher schedule and let's rise to the challenge. This whole 'let's be thankful for the crip games so we can lumber toward a winning season' is just another instance of accepting mediocrity.Think of the cachet that would bring to the program. 'These guys aren't afraid to play anybody.'

Didn't we have like the#1 fpi schedule.. Give it a rest

Overall the board is dealing with our current streak much better than I thought.

I agree that we have not lost to a crappy team, but we haven't beaten a good team either.

That makes us a bad team.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda beat Duke, UNC, and Pitt and we're 5-2 and we're Ok. But we didn't win those games. We gave up 13 points on special teams, gave up a 21 point lead (at home), and lost on a late 56 yard field goal (at home).

I'm all for noting that we aren't losing to terrible teams, but it still doesn't justify our record considering our coaching and talent levels (good enough for a bowl, atleast).

Back