He deserves at least 8 years.

8 years! Dude I know some of y'all are upset but 8 years in prison is a little much. After all, it is just a game dawg.

But seriously, 3-4 years we should be in mid-tier bowls if he really has juice.

Not with what has been shown so far. 1-11 season highly likely this year, followed by a 3-9 season.

It’s not even about year 3 or 4... it’s about improvement. I want to see these guys playing better by late this season that they are now. Better next season that this season, etc. Show me that growth and i’ll not be a pussy like several on here are being.

It’s not even about year 3 or 4... it’s about improvement. I want to see these guys playing better by late this season that they are now. Better next season that this season, etc. Show me that growth and i’ll not be a pussy like several on here are being.
The defense looks much improved.
We had two of the worst outcomes on fumbles possible. One prevented a TD for us. The other gave the other team a TD.

I'd like to see improvement on the OL, but there is just nothing there.

We had two of the worst outcomes on fumbles possible. One prevented a TD for us. The other gave the other team a TD.

Might be a different deal if the score is 17-9 going into the 4th

We have enough on the roster now to have a mediocre OL that is competitive against the bottom half of the ACC, USF, Temple, and The Citadel. They would still have bad days against top defenses; but they are capable of doing more than what we've seen.

Your first paragraph I agree with. The defense is actually a bright spot which is keeping me from being totally down on this staff. We don't have the depth at DL that we need and that falls on CPJ and his staff; but those guys are playing well. There are also some individuals on the offense that are playing well; but they need some help...

We have enough on the roster now to have a mediocre OL that is competitive against the bottom half of the ACC, USF, Temple, and The Citadel. They would still have bad days against top defenses; but they are capable of doing more than what we've seen.

Your first paragraph I agree with. The defense is actually a bright spot which is keeping me from being totally down on this staff. We don't have the depth at DL that we need and that falls on CPJ and his staff; but those guys are playing well. There are also some individuals on the offense that are playing well; but they need some help...
Our OL is in much worse shape than Temple's, USF's, and even Citadel's right now. We are out of offensive linemen. Cooper playing while he struggles to just walk is proof of that. We lose one or two more and Juanyeh may have to move to OL

Basically, I’ve said and I’m committed to it: I’ll judge him in year 3 by normal transition standards. Until then we are untalented and/or inexperienced at QB and OL.

I don’t think it is reasonable to expect offensive improvement this year; a poor throwing QB can’t improve during a season. It takes a couple of years of focus and honesty without arm talent there is little that coaching can do.

Back