He seems to be coming on! Mr. Intense Holiday!

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
Tell ya what. From watching some practices Hobbie and Hargrove are really battling each other. Even during DL drills they are really hitting. Both are so similar. Hobbie seems to be the stronger of the two. They both have that ability to explode into people. Both practice at a very high level. Hobbie has really made a lot of plays blowing up things on the run in backfield. Would say by watching them that Hobbie is better against the run, but Hargove might be the better pass rusher. Long way to go till Vandy though. Believe we'll all be pleased with both of them. Would say that we've added debth with quality at that position. I'd say that our entire DL is better from top to bottom this year. Just my observation from where we seemed to be at practice last year compared to this at this point in spring. A big difference to me has been watching Gathers somewhat of a leader. He's always been pretty quiet, but have seen him encouraging his DL guys and some instruction. Hobbie, Hargrove, Billy, and Lee have a nasty streak in them that has been missing. The guy everyone will be surprised with will be Travis Parker. He'll add more to his frame this summer. Very quick, fast, and athletic player. With Johnson not in there except on Fridays and Saturdays working on academics, Parker has worked out with first team at DT. He's going to leave his mark here at GT before he leaves IMHO.

The problem we have is still size. A lot of people are going to odviously play up front for us. Will have to. We could get warn down easily if we don't.

Sorry pjjacket. Was ment as reply to your post. Second time I've done that. Need to pay attention. Still not use to format.

No problem. Appreciate you first hand observation. I really do want the D to dominate this year especially since the O will need some time to develop unity.
bigthumbup.gif
bigthumbup.gif

Back