Henderson gets blocked pass, tackle & forced fumble on the same play!

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
In the bizarrest play I've seen in quite a while, DE Henderson blocked a pass
smile.gif
that came right down into the arms of the huge Auburn O-lineman, who happened to be looking up, & he caught it
mad.gif
The OL started running forward, was tackled by Henderson
tongue.gif
, forcing a fumble
wink.gif
. The ball is now laying on the ground 2 yds from bodies piled up on all sides of it. Another huge Auburn OL picks the ball up, rather than falling on it, & lunges ahead for a 2 yd gain
lightningzap.gif
I must've went up & down in my seat 3 times on this 1 play
rolleyes.gif

Henderson is AWESOME...Can you imagine our DL with Hargrove,Pullen, and Malone.. if Flunkgate hadnt happened????

Refs missed two calls re: fumbles

The Campbell no-fumble (UUGH!) call and this one.
The offense CAN NOT advance a recovered fumble. I was so upset the refs gave that lineman those 2 yards . Turned a 4-3 into a 4-1 which they (barely) converted. Didn't hurt us though, but poor officiating on these two plays.

#1 Yes, I noticed that also. Very poor mistake by the refs.

#2 Let me qualify this Black Watch because I am not an astute enough football mind to notice the nuances and little things guys do or do not do during the game that make them great players.
I generally only notice guys when they big plays, and IMHO, despite being 230
rolleyes.gif
, Wilkerson is making as many or more big plays than the guys who flunked out. (And I loved Hargrove). So far, the OLs we have faced seem to really have trouble slowing him down on the passes. Right now I'm not sure the guys you mentioned would beat out our current DL.

One thing for SURE: Hargrove (ASK ANYBODY that is out there) Would have been hands down our best DL..You throw Pullen,Malone, and Hargrove all in the mix we would have FSU type depth..And that is where we are hurting DEPTH.....Hargrove will end up in the NFL one day..He may be back for us next year..One of the 4....By th way..YES..Wilkerson is a pleasant surprise..But like the BYU game..If our young offense continues to not win the time of possesion battle it will cause problems all year long.(Kim and Wes said that OVER and OVER)..That What Flunkgate did to us Period...Killed any depth we had...

Henderson is a man!Continues the tradition of excellent players from Louisiana.Bring me more.

Back