Here is what I was told regarding fail-out situation...

92BUZZ

Varsity Lurker
Before I even logged on to the internet at work this morning, a co-worker of mine (who is a close friend of many of the football players, both current and recently graduated) came over to me and said "You are not gonna believe the bad stuff going on..."

This person was told yesterday by several players that 11 football players had flunked out. When I asked if that meant probation, summer school, etc., this person said, and I quote, "That may be, but what I was told is that they are GONE. One player told me that he has no roommates anymore, all of a sudden."

Those who have seen me post since 1999 on the Hive know that I am no rumor-monger. This appears to be the real deal. If my info is exaggerated or overblown, I will be shocked, and will apologise profusely and publicly.

Originally posted by 92BUZZ:
Before I even logged on to the internet at work this morning, a co-worker of mine (who is a close friend of many of the football players, both current and recently graduated) came over to me and said "You are not gonna believe the bad stuff going on..."

This person was told yesterday by several players that 11 football players had flunked out. When I asked if that meant probation, summer school, etc., this person said, and I quote, "That may be, but what I was told is that they are GONE. One player told me that he has no roommates anymore, all of a sudden."

Those who have seen me post since 1999 on the Hive know that I am no rumor-monger. This appears to be the real deal. If my info is exaggerated or overblown, I will be shocked, and will apologise profusely and publicly.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I know your track-record Buzz92, I was not going to send out any email to friends/family about this today until I saw your post. Basically seeing you and MasterB (2 of the most respected Hivers/StingTalkers) post information that confirms these rumors to be true convinced me this is for real. As much as it pains me to think that it is, this is just unbelievable...

I appreciate that compliment very much. I just wish I could have picked a happier topic for my first rumor.

I am hoping FERVENTLY that I will have egg on my face and have to apologize for posting something that turns out to not be true!!!

92buzz have you heard if these kids attended all there classes or not? The reason why i asked this question is because i went back and looked at these kids GPA AND SAT or ACT scores and they ranged from 3.0 to 3.4 with a SAT SCORE OF 840 TO 1200.I guess i just don't understand this is a very dark day to be a tech fan.
pat.gif

No clue. In fact, I guess I need to read down this board some more, b/c I was not aware before reading your post that specific names were known, beyond the two TH's.

Since CG came here, there has been nothing but bad kharma around this program. If these rumors are true, it is not his fault directly, but something is rotten in Denmark.
mad.gif

Originally posted by 92BUZZ:
No clue. In fact, I guess I need to read down this board some more, b/c I was not aware before reading your post that specific names were known, beyond the two TH's.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The names have been removed.Come into the chatroom to get them

If this is so IMHO then Georgia Tech athletics is over as we know it now.

I just saw the list. Good grief its worse than I anticipated. Beyond Hollings, there are some real players on there. Dark clouds hovering over the flats.

Originally posted by tommie:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by 92BUZZ:
Could someone PLEASE email me the list at mawnster@mindspring.com? Thanks.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I JUST SENT YOU THE LIST</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Please send it my way as well - skygt@bellsouth.net

TIA...

Back