Here we come................

2 Big Techsticles

Flats Noob
continentaltirebowlonblk.jpg

vs West Virginia? Virginia Tech? Syracuse?

Place your bets now.

I'm still holding out for the Tangerine Bowl. I'll take a warm sunny day over a cold, possibly rainy, day anytime. We've got a Tech grad on the board for that bowl, but from the sounds of it they are really not interested in us unless we win our final two games. Which is still very possible.

It really looks that way, 2big. The only thing that gets us to Orlando is Ws over Duke & Ga, if Clem loses another game. If Clem wins out, I think they go to Tangerine no matter what we do.
Seattle is out of the question, so it's the Continental Tire Bowl for Ga Tech.

hey, don't get me wrong. I'm stll in favor of going to any bowl over no bowl irregardless.

The practice time for returning players is an asset. 4 years from now, nobody would even remember what bowl it is but appearing in a bowl for "X' number of years is certainly a nice line to use in recruiting.

To be honest, after Hollings and Gathers were lost, how many even felt we could make a bowl after Maryland and Wake?

Charlotte on the 28th huh? Count me in if it happens.

Who would you rather face? Va Tech and the running backs? West Virginia and there loyal hillbillies en masse that always follow the Mountaineers?

I truly don't care for another syracuse matchup as most of our team was here when we beat them running only 7 different plays on offense in last year's opener.

Let's just spoil Roof's homecoming this week to get the scenario more in place.

Let's take care of things this weekend first as you say, but I'm all for the Tire Bowl or any bowl.

Boy is this game against the Dukies a biggen.

Go Jackets!!

Yeah, CTB sounds about right. I want a bowl game. Period. A 9-4 record looks alot better than 7-6 or 6-6, so we need to win out.

Originally posted by The Jacket:
Yeah, CTB sounds about right. I want a bowl game. Period. A 9-4 record looks alot better than 7-6 or 6-6, so we need to win out.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Now you're talk'n!

Back