Here's how the Insiders has recruiting ranked

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Here\'s how the Insiders has recruiting ranked

This is only the top 25 teams & is only based on commits so far. The ACC seems to be making more of an impact with Insiders than ever before. UVa #16, NCar #18, NC St #19 & Md #25. FSU, with only 4-5 commits, has yet to make an appearance.
These rankings are subjective, as are the AP & CNNSI/coaches polls of the top 25 football seasons. It does give a reflection of the calibre of players each team is gathering so far. Fun read.

Recruiting rankings

Re: Here\'s how the Insiders has recruiting ranked

It's not such a fun read when you read their summary of our recruiting results to date; offers declined vs. accepted.

Yes, yes, I know just their opinion and the real value of each new class won't be known for sometime but nothing makes it easier to succeed than success.

Where is the offers declined vs accepted? Where is their sum. of our recruiting results?
pat.gif
What happens come signing day is the next important step for us as fans in my opinion.

They don't even know who is visiting GT from week to week.
laugh.gif

GTTerriffic and others:

Here is the insider info, look at the "offer" column and the column "school of interest". Where it says "YES" that means we offered a scholly, under school of interest if it says committed to: Univ of Georgia, or Miami or Mississippi State, etc. it means they have verbally committed to someone other than Ma.

http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=140&p=9&c=4

Originally posted by 71Bee:
GTTerriffic and others:

Here is the insider info, look at the "offer" column and the column "school of interest". Where it says "YES" that means we offered a scholly, under school of interest if it says committed to: Univ of Georgia, or Miami or Mississippi State, etc. it means they have verbally committed to someone other than Ma.

http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=140&p=9&c=4
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Cool. I see what you're saying. Yeah, I check that out a good bit. It's interesting if you go over to the rivals site they don't have the same schools and even the same schools as being offering for a lot of these players.
shocked.gif
Heaven forbid, but could it be that all their info isn't always right? Nah, this is the gospel according to recruiting experts.
pat.gif

These recruiting services do a good job under the circumstances I believe. Recruiting is so much not an exact science that it makes it tough. The schools aren't allowed to comment on players which is a good rule by NCAA. There is some good info, but it's not always dead on. When a player says he's committed and it's quote from him that's cool beans to me. There are just too many times that the who has offered or who has visited stuff isn't correct that I'm not going to be concerned.

Come on Feb 5th!!

I don't see how any logical thinking person can put any merit into what ranking a recruiting "guru" gives a class. It is pure bull. The things to look for (which some have touched on) are who else offered players and their size and speed. Believe me I am not sold on the job Chan is doing yet, but looking at this class I really like the size of our DT's and OL. We have some good QB's and a great RB. Now if we can fill out the class with more size and get around 24 players, I don't care what some yahoo ranks us. I am more concerned about the coaching they get when they get here.

Back