Hire Brent Key

sports

Varsity Lurker
I like him personally. If Batt keeps him then retain Thacker I guess. What happens with Long/Wenkie?

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
I could see keeping Key for a mild raise with a lot of incentives for winning. We are his best option and we can get a deal, which we need right now.

Spend the guaranteed money on a proven OC, a new OL coach, and more recruiting and analytical support.

Key has done enough with a hot potato dropped in his lap that he's earned the right to show what he can do with an off-season to purge the suck and get healthy.

So you'd be able to lead this team and its 3rd-string QB to something better than 21 points and clutch game-winning first downs against a top 15 team? Or are you just talking out of your ass?
My name is not even in the picture. A decent OC would not have called the crappy plays he called against Miami last week (the STUPID razzle-dazzle play) or the 2-pointer earlier in the season, when he threw backwards, and the receiver had 10 more yards to gain than we needed, and obviously came nowhere close to making it. Tonight, we take the lead, and he goes conservative on the next series (after getting the ball on an interception). Other than Tysun milking the clock the whole game when he was in, he apparently didn't tell Gibson to milk it when we really needed to burn as much clock as possible. The fact that nobody at ND complained when he left South Bend, and that Tulane is doing much better this year without him than last year with him says everything.