Historic Gailey quote in today's AJC

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
Historic Gailey quote in today\'s AJC

Gailey asks, "What in the world is going on?"
You can't make stuff up any funnier than that!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

BOO

Re: Historic Gailey quote in today\'s AJC

I thought I was reading about RAY GOFF, " You assume everything evens out. If that's the case, we're getting ready to kick somebody's rear." !!!
1) You never assume crap 2) Kick somebody's rear with 15 freshman seeing significant playing time, Gathers not being cleared, etc. You are right ghost! Historic.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You're such a nimrod, don't pull things out of context...

Said Gailey: "I'm not the type to say 'Woe is me.' You're setting yourself up for failure. You say 'What in the world is going on?' And then you deal with it."
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

well well well .. now we know who can take mark bradley's place when he retires.

mark bradley's ghost!

blue.gif

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BDG.. I have a feeling you are just having some fun with this.. but I have got to say that was one cheap shot... goes to show that you had better read the entire book instead of basing assumptions on one sentence huh..

ghost, have you been taking lessons from Peter Jennings!?

Coach G seems to be dealing with adversity OK & doesn't seem to let any of it get him down & keeps reporting to his job & seems to keep trying.
The thing that bothers me tho is that he continues to get caught saying 'what in the world is going on?' It's like he doesn't ever appear to know 'what is going on'. I'd at least like him to act like he knows what is going on, but he almost never does.
Everything appears to be a complete surprise to him. 1)He doesn't know what to do right before half vs Clemson & GIVES them a free TO to plan a try for a TD (with 6 secs left & Clem with no TOs & maybe not even getting a FG try off). 2) He doesn't know what to do vs Ga. 3)He doesn't know what to do vs Fresno's 2nd string. 4)He doesn't know what to do with visits. 5) He doesn't know what to do with scholarship offers or how many to throw out there or what positions need the most 'ships. 6)He doesn't know what to do about recruiting the state of Ga. 7)He doesn't know what to do about college recruiting. 8)He doesn't know what to do about academics. 9)He doesn't know what to do about the media. The list winds down from here so that's enough.
I think we all realize that he doesn't know 'what in the world is going on' & that he is dealing with what happened. The crucial question is can he improve upon what has already 'gone on'?
If he can deal better in the future than we'll all be fine. If this is the best he can do we'll all go down like the Titanic & the water will be very cold.

bdg, you obviously have a real problem with reading comprehension. The comment you find so funny is a reasonable response to a very weird series of events. What Gailey wasn't saying is that he doesn't know anything about football, which is what you are suggesting. What he was saying is what anyone says when everything goes wrong. WTTE "what else can go wrong?" or "what the ___is going on here?" I've said it, and I'll bet you have. It's a way of clearing the air before you get down to fixing the problem.

Now we'll see whether he actually can fix things or not. But your constant attempts to make him look stupid just makes you look like a fool to anyone who isn't already in your camp.

I guess O'Leary did not know what was going on either. He sure did bungle a lot of games after Friegden left.

Sounds like GT Ace is on another bashing tirade! Oh, well, nothing new.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Lol, well, jump right into the topic of the thread, Ahso. Good pt about O'L, terrible pt about GT A
smile.gif
Oddly, u must have missed my 6 posts this weekend, all with links & filled with information. Only 1 of which even mentioned Coach G & it couldn't be gotten around; the list of players who have left after less than 1 yr @ GT
wink.gif
Sorry u only caught this 'tirade'
confused.gif
. Will try to bring something 'new' soon
grin.gif

Back