hopefully this means Billy stays (LINK)

confused.gif

No sarcasm intended, I am confused. BO'B is the guy who, in my opinion, was about as creative in 2001 as a librarian.

Now, he is apparently staying at GT. The AJC applauds that fact...(consider the source).

I ask this question in all sincerity, what is so wonderful about his remaining at GT?

IMO he will be one of the best OC in ncaa football in a short period of time. He has alot of time hanging out with maybe the best offensive mind in the game.
Let me ask you a question. If in your line of work you were trained by the best in the business for say..........5 or 6 years, and your trainer retired or left for another company and that left you in charge of your field in your company and you was all gung ho and ready to let everybody see how good you really are, and the owner of your company said, hold on young man, you need to do this my way, not the way you were trained he basically put a leash on you. How do you think people would fill about you? They couldn't see what your skills really are. Then one week your boss was on vacation and you actually did it your way, and you sat the woods on fire, do you think people would be excited to see how you could do all the time without the leash?

I think they would. Hey! he may be a bust, but I think most people think he can be great. My .02 worth.

I think we will have at least two years with Billy. The Minn job was an anomaly b/c O'Leary was there. But for that fact Billy does not get an interview.
Billy is 32 years old and that is still very young for a Div 1 Off Coor. He is going to have to prove himself to move up to NFL OC or College Head Coaching position.
The only positions that would be available to him now would be as College OC and that would be a lateral move.
If he does not stay with GT for the next 2+ years it will be because he and CG could not get along.

IMO

Back