"House Call"

miles44

Varsity Lurker
I was listening to the game and the GT announcer called every long TD a "House Call". What the heck is that about? Has this been going on all year?

Yes, he has been doing this all year. Likely Demetra's signature line, as agt45 pointed out.

Its his first year doing football full time, still looking for what works im sure. he also says toe meets leather an insane amount of times

Gaudin is one of the gifted young announcers out there. Don't act like you guys didn't enjoy listening the the kick and the pick or the Florida state kick return.

Edit: talking to the guys who were saying they forgot radio was a thing.

I'm not crazy about Demetra's voice. He sounds like a poster radio commentator. Gaudin, and especially Wes, had a very identifiable voice and style.

Although he is still doing a good job...

I'm not crazy about Demetra's voice. He sounds like a poster radio commentator. Gaudin, and especially Wes, had a very identifiable voice and style.

Although he is still doing a good job...

Yeah, I wish he would drop the "radio guy" affectation, but I do think he does a fine job.

Wes was a legend. There's not much to be said beyond that.
Brandon was a little short on stats and technical knowledge, but had a good personality that meshed well with Paul and the program.
Andy is very solid from a research basis and general knowledge base. If you have the chance, read some of his articles. He does a solid job on his background work. Personality wise, he doesn't seem as imposing as Brandon. He hasn't been here long enough for me to tell. The "House Call" thing is cool, but after you hear it a couple times seems a little funny. Overall, I'm guessing he won't be here long as I think we have become an incubator for national voices. Kingmaker in the media business.

Back