How bout CLEMSON kicking some...

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
Buuuldog Butt...

Its time for all of us to cheer on the ACC at every chance...Especially in the OOC games....

With what we all know: its going to be a long season for our Beloved Jackets..Its out of everyones hands..Flunkgate has ruined any type of good year we could look forward to..I just want to see us play hard (I agree with Wes..We did play hard against BYU..But gave out of gas on Defense)and see Young Reggie and the rest of the youngsters get better and better. We will be back to our normal full roster after this recruiting season and NO Ms. Moore !!!!!!!

Im watching EVERY ACC game (Including Miami and VT..As far as im concerned they are already ACC teams)y giving us i can and rooting real hard for the Conference to succeed...
The national media is already giving our conference good reviews..On espn last Thursday they said the ACC this year is as DEEP as ANY conference and just think what Miami and VT bring to the table...We WILL be the STRONGEST football conference..The Local Bulldog dominated Media DONT like this so im rooting hard for EVERY ACC team..Especially when they play Georgeee or any SEC team........

Heres to Clemson whoopin those Lucky Dogs !!!!

You look at FSU's and Miami's Success in the past and without GREAT defense it would have never happened...

I saw where a couple of people were knocking Tenuta and his defense in regards to last Thursday night..IMHO..You could have Buddy Ryan,Mickey Andrews or ANYONE you want coaching our defense thuis year and we would still have problems...as a result of Flunkgate..You have a DL that was literally wiped out and a LB with speed..

In fact im sure glad we have Tenuta or it could be a lot uglier this year...

Blackwatch, it seems we tend to agree more often than we disagree, however, that is good because no one person knows it all.

I was not sold on Tenuta once we began the season last year, and I posted those thoughts often. I was willing to give him the same chance as Gailey, because of all the morale problems of last year.

I saw too many instances last year when Tenuta had the defensive backfield playing to soft and let the opposition catch third down plays to extend drives. It was much like the play against BYU on Thursday night.

If you catch me napping the first time, shame on you. If you catch me napping the second time, shame on me.

It is not the lack of good players when the opposition continually has success over and over with the same play. It was a complete lack of the ability to adjust that allowed the short pass to be completed again and again.

I believe Tenuta may be the type of coach who can set up a defense if he has all five star players on his defensive team. Personally, I don't believe he has the ability to adjust to the offense.

He wants to coach defense in the pros, and I can see why. In the pros, he will have the kind of talent he needs to play his game. When you don't have that kind of talent, you have to be innovative. I do not believe Tenuta is innovative and will not last at Tech with his philosophy of defense.

I alluded to this on my postgame comments. I also saw the same offensive line play as last year and was not impressed with it. The only improvement I saw in the offensive line play was the absence of penalties and no bad snaps from center.

Father Time

Originally posted by ahsoisee:

I believe Tenuta may be the type of coache who can set up a defense if he has all five star players on his defensive team. Personally, I don't believe he has the ability to adjust to the offense.

He wants to coach defense in the pros, and I can see why. In the pros, he will have the kind of talent he needs to play his game. When you don't have that kind of talent, you have to be innovative. I do not believe Tenuta is innovative and will not last at Tech with his philosophy of defense.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ahso,

I agree with you about Tenuta. Just re-watch the Wake game last year or the BYU game this year. He leaves a lot to be desired.

I remember the big Thursday night matchup between Roof's Tech D and Tenuta's vaunted North Carolina D. No doubt that Roof won that matchup, both figuratively and literally.

I think we will see a much better defensive co-ordinator when we play at dook later this year. Just a shame he will be on the wrong sideline.

Beeware...Come on ...Who are you Kidding??

Ted Roof compared to Jon Tenuta???

They shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence...Tenuta was so highly thought of by Dan Reeves that Gailey hired him...I would buy into at least looking at what Ahso said, in watching this team over the next 2 years or so to make a judgement BUT your statements about comparing Tenuta to Ted Roof made me puke as in Duke..the only place Roof would even be considered as DC...Im not knocking Ted as he was a member of the Famed BLACK WATCH..BUT he is not ready even today to be a DC with a Major College Program...A good postion Coach/Recruiter but NOT DC...

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Beeware...Come on ...Who are you Kidding??

Ted Roof compared to Jon Tenuta???

They shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence...Tenuta was so highly thought of by Dan Reeves that Gailey hired him...I would buy into at least looking at what Ahso said, in watching this team over the next 2 years or so to make a judgement BUT your statements about comparing Tenuta to Ted Roof made me puke as in Duke..the only place Roof would even be considered as DC...Im not knocking Ted as he was a member of the Famed BLACK WATCH..BUT he is not ready even today to be a DC with a Major College Program...A good postion Coach/Recruiter but NOT DC...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hmmmm, I see your motus operandi is not just limited to GT fans, GT alumni, but also serious members of the GT family.

You need to get your facts straight.... last time I checked, Spurrier coached at Duke. Was he not ready?

I hope they end in a 6 hour tie, since they both can't lose. I'll never pull for Clemson or UGA. Rednecks should never get encouragement.
BOO

Ive always wondered why some GT fans dont root for our ACC Brethren when they play OOC games...Ive noticed that most other ACC Team fans root for us when we play OOC..It only makes sense..The better our Conference does the better we do...Example Recruiting Exct...

Clemson's Defense looks horrible AGAIN..

Bowden's inabilty to get a good DC and play good defense will be his eventual undoing..

His offense as always looks good..
How long has Bowden been at Clemson?

Blackwatch, I agree on your theory of Tommie and the defense. It has been his undoing at Clemson.

Sometimes your offense looks bad when you can't get the ball back, and the offense feels under pressure to score every time they get the ball.

You build good teams starting with defense.

Father Time

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
BHeres to Clemson whoopin those Lucky Dogs !!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif

Topic: How bout CLEMSON kicking some...Buuuldog Butt
BLACK WATCH

How bout "not a chance!"

Sfalco, way to step out on a limb. Please give us your predictions for this weekends games next Monday.
tongue.gif

Sfalco, way to step out on a limb. Please give us your predictions for this weekends games next Monday

If you ARE going to put yourself out there and make such statements, you have to be prepared for people to call you on it. I'm sure BW is man enough to laugh it off.

I'm certainly NOT claiming to know more than BW or anyone else about who's going to defeat who.

Don't take it do seriously.

Back