How 'bout that Tony Hargrove

JacketFanPCB

Damn Good Rat
How \'bout that Tony Hargrove

Since I'm only able to go to one or two games a year (at the most) I feel compelled to throw in my two cents FWIW.

1/GREAT atmosphere and weather. A perfect night with temps in the 70's, a cool breeze, and for the most part classy fans all around. The view from the upper west was spectacular!

2/Nice warm welcome for Coach Gailey. The Americus High band does the nat'l anthem, several local dignitaries from that neck of the woods were honored and who didn't notice the welcome banner : "Chan-pionship Era!"

3/Anybody get one of those Insiders units for the game? How were they?

4/Yellow Jacket Ally was fun and festive. 790 the Zone has a good crop of cash to be able to afford that bus and all they do during the game. They are good for us all things considered. The profane stuff coming from the Dare sound system was a little too much. Seeing the players up close was a rush!

5/We look better than expected on offense. Granted, it seems we've a few kinks to work out, and we weren't exactly playing Oklahoma or Miami but we'll be MORE than fine. The O-line looked solid, "Touchdown Tony" was awesome (GREAT to have breakaway speed in the backfield!), and you CAN'T say enough about our receivers. We are blessed!

6/

7/Two words...Tony Hargrove. Seems that Smith, Wimbush, and Fox are getting all the credit on D. They were great, but Tony Hargrove was ALL OVER THE PLACE. What a maniac! I'm SO glad we've got him especially with all the uncertainty surrounding Gathers (God Bles him!)

8/Two MORE words. SPECIAL TEAMS. It's OBVIOUS that we were VERY WELL prepared here. Kelly had HUGE holes to run through, and we had all our bases covered here, except for a coupla bad punts by Dyke...in fairness to him, he didn't exactly have that much practice last night
smile.gif
I'm thinking that Clemson is just ONE team that wishes THEY had a coach to concentrate soley on special teams!

9/ALL our coaches seem to prepare the players well. Tackling was sharp. Fundamentals were there in just about all phases of the game. We have some things to work on, like penalties, but we CANNOT complain at all at this point.

10/Let's get ready to throttle UConn, get more reps for the subs, and get ready for the big boys like Clemson and BYU!

bigthumbup.gif
bigthumbup.gif

Re: How \'bout that Tony Hargrove

JacketFanPCB, Hargrove did look good. It appears we have two very good DEs. It also appeared almost everyone was doing his job on defense. When this happens, it is hard for one player to stand out more than the others.

Burton looked good on pass defense while he was playing.

Also, the caught punt by our player at the one yard line was a brilliant play. I was watching the game on ESPN Gameplan. The announcers were amazed that he could get down the field fast enough to catch the punt.

They had a lot of compliments for Kelly Rhino.

They praised Bilbo and said Tech will have a hard time deciding which QB will be first string later in the year.

The announcers brought up a lot about our past and how well we have played in bowl games over the years.

wink.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
JacketFanPCB, Hargrove did look good. It appears we have two very good DEs. It also appeared almost everyone was doing his job on defense. When this happens, it is hard for one player to stand out more than the others.

Burton looked good on pass defense while he was playing.

Also, the caught punt by our player at the one yard line was a brilliant play. I was watching the game on ESPN Gameplan. The announcers were amazed that he could get down the field fast enough to catch the punt.

They had a lot of compliments for Kelly Rhino.

They praised Bilbo and said Tech will have a hard time deciding which QB will be first string later in the year.

The announcers brought up a lot about our past and how well we have played in bowl games over the years.

wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Oops! Still getting the hang of this reply/post thingy.

The game on ESPN Game Plan was blacked out for me. I'm up in Dacula and have BellSouth's digital cable. They were only showing 3-4 games all day long, very disappointing.

THWG!

Back