How do I get some "comp" tickets?

Wrecked

Varsity Lurker
If Braine's statement in the Lunch Bunch report is true, how do I get my comp tickets? As a Tech fan I damn sure want to know who is getting free tickets for a game I had to pony up for. Is it members of the ISP Braine extended family? Tech AA personnel? If I was one of those displaced by this outrageously idiotic idea of club seating, I would be demanding first dibs on those seats? Am I the only one who gets upset about this or am I blowing the whole thing out of proportion?

How much more are Tech fans, myself included, going to put up with from this guy? He is one of the highest paid AD's in the country and I can't think of two good reasons we retain him. He obviously doesn't want the job. He tried to resign. Why is he still there? The two things I look forward to this football season are the Jackets winning and Braine's leaving.

I am so lucky that my 20 years of being a season ticket holder have not been in the lower east.

I feel for every Tech fan that has been displaced (screwed) by this "premium seat" crime. Is it just me, or shouldn't this practice be limited to new seats, where no one gets hurt?

As a Tech fan I damn sure want to know who is getting free tickets for a game I had to pony up for
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">From experience, I can tell you that GT (along with nearly every other collegiate program) provides tix to high school football coaches upon request.

Since I've had season tix dating back to 91, I have not used them but many coaches at my school have. They usually allow for 2 tickets and in most instances, the coach will bring along a prospect. If not, it's usually another coach or family member.

The coach must call on a certain day (used to be by Tuesday morning at such and such time) and then go to will-call the day of the game and provide ID. It's pretty easy to get tix to Duke, Wake, etc while sometimes the limit is reached quickly and requests are denied for the BIG games (FSU, UGA, etc)

Don't know of any other 'comp' scenarios but wouldn't be surprised if they existed.

Oh yeah, these tickets historically were always in the North End Zone up in the corner.

Hope this helps.

Wrecked, I have to say i agree with you completely. On another issue, how much you wanna bet that Braine has planned ZILCH as far as the opening game in our brand new stadium.

Back