How will the defense change next season?

GT98

Dodd-Like
Now that Coach Woody is onboard, what is his D philosophy ? I know that he is a 3-4 guy without necessarily having the traditional NT monster, using quicker guys. Is he aggressive with blitz schemes? Play for turnovers?

I haven't watched App St. Can anyone add some insight?

So Woody runs an aggressive 3-4, which is the exact guy that CPJ has always wanted but not always been able to get. Al Groh was supposed to be that but his system was so complex the players really never understood it. And then Roof got pushed onto CPJ after the guy he really wanted went somewhere else for a lot more money.

But HERE is a good article detailing the kind of defense we can expect to see.

Johnson, Wood and Woody really want to penetrate the back field. They want to stuff them early, none of that jacking around stuff. All about the right amount of pressure forcing guys in tight spots and blowing things up.

bronn-give-me-ten-good-men.png

So Woody runs an aggressive 3-4, which is the exact guy that CPJ has always wanted but not always been able to get.
But HERE is a good article detailing the kind of defense we can expect to see.

Interesting article. I would like to see a more aggressive D as I think that that would pair better with our O.

Still think it will take more than a season to see improvement.

Still think it will take more than a season to see improvement.
I think we will be better as long as the S&C is there. If Brandon Adams can stay on the field at NT and be disruptive it will free up LB's to cause mayhem. I do believe we will have to move to heavier LB's because we will probably have a LB put a hand on the ground on the LOS kind of as a hybrid DE every so often

I think are personnel fit his scheme reasonably well. I bet we’ll see a lot of zone blitzing, stunts, etc. More man coverage in secondary. It should be fun to watch.

Hoping the results will be better, especially regarding turnovers and QB pressure. Still need some jimmy and joes for our Woody.

Adams and Henderson are probably ending up at NT. Branch and Glanton move to DE.

St Amore moves to OLB.

(Just my opinion)

I just want to see opposing QB's on their back being pounded. I am sick of seeing the other team's QB with the cleanest uniform on the field. I want them to have to change uniforms at half time so that the number will show. Roll the damn dice, if they score so be it. Get CPJ the ball back no matter how. One of my favorite games was 51-48. Lots of good 41-38 memories. We are not going to run out of ABs and WRs, so get the damn ball back and give it to them.

IOW, I expect to see more pressure and penetration. There will be games where we die by the blitz, but I think I will like that better than the slow death we have been experiencing.

I just want to see opposing QB's on their back being pounded. I am sick of seeing the other team's QB with the cleanest uniform on the field. I want them to have to change uniforms at half time so that the number will show. Roll the damn dice, if they score so be it. Get CPJ the ball back no matter how. One of my favorite games was 51-48. Lots of good 41-38 memories. We are not going to run out of ABs and WRs, so get the damn ball back and give it to them.

IOW, I expect to see more pressure and penetration. There will be games where we die by the blitz, but I think I will like that better than the slow death we have been experiencing.

TAH-NOO-TAH

2235262530_4f750a11fa.jpg
2234485389_33eee6eaf0.jpg

I also thought half of Grohs problem was our lack of a legit nose tackle and his inability to recruit one.

The other half was that Groh is the wrong kind of insufferable asshole.

Now that Coach Woody is onboard, what is his D philosophy ? I know that he is a 3-4 guy without necessarily having the traditional NT monster, using quicker guys. Is he aggressive with blitz schemes? Play for turnovers?

I haven't watched App St. Can anyone add some insight?

Play hard

Back