Hubert Davis UNC HC

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Maybe it works out, but that's a risky hire. I doubt he was on the top of very many power conference programs' coaching wishlists. UNC, like Michigan, can't seem to shake themselves from the idea that a coach has to have existing ties to the university to be a worthy candidate.

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
Interesting.

I always like to see promotion from within, so I approve of this one.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Seems like a gamble to hire someone with no head coaching experience. Capel and Stackhouse would be safer choices.

OptionJacket

Varsity Lurker
Yeah, it’s a big blah. Juwan Howard has the pizzaz and kids of today have heard of the fab five plus Howard was a recognizable NBA player. Davis is not known to kids. He may be a great coach but if he doesn’t get the players it won’t matter. I believe UNC and Duke are both on the decline as programs because the top players have new destinations. I think the ACC as a whole is on a major decline in hoops. Wake and NC State can’t draw players any more. FSU can and GT is making inroads. The ACC is basically a bunch of mid pack teams. The days of 2 or 3 teams from the ACC in the Final Four are looooong gone.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Yeah, it’s a big blah. Juwan Howard has the pizzaz and kids of today have heard of the fab five plus Howard was a recognizable NBA player. Davis is not known to kids. He may be a great coach but if he doesn’t get the players it won’t matter. I believe UNC and Duke are both on the decline as programs because the top players have new destinations. I think the ACC as a whole is on a major decline in hoops. Wake and NC State can’t draw players any more. FSU can and GT is making inroads. The ACC is basically a bunch of mid pack teams. The days of 2 or 3 teams from the ACC in the Final Four are looooong gone.

Duke has 3 more 5 stars coming in

gtrower

Dodd-Like
High ceiling / low floor hire. And a blue blood that’s *arguably* the top basketball brand in the country has no business making a low floor hire. They’ve hamstrung themselves with their own elitism.

GTCrew4b

Get That Corn Outta Ma Face
ACC has 4 of the last 7 tourney champion teams.

G776T

Not pastor material.
How many of the fab five do you think today's kids could actually name, that was a long time ago

GTCrew4b

Get That Corn Outta Ma Face
4 of the last 8, as of a few minutes ago...
And 6 of the last 12, FWIW.
I was using teams to show conference strength and Nova is a repeat winner in this window.

4/7 teams, 4/8 champions.

OptionJacket

Varsity Lurker
Duke has 3 more 5 stars coming in
I know. But K won’t live forever. The ACC as a whole is on a steep decline in hoops. Outside of the draw of K the high end guys aren’t coming to this conference. We can live off the past all we want but the schools the high end guys pick tell the story if the future.