Huge game on Sat...law bee is correct!

ElvisBee

Varsity Lurker
I read law bee's analysis on the importance of the Clemson game and agree with his view. Here's why:
1) The loser of this game in my opinion finishes in a 4-9 place in the ACC. There appears to not be any real dominant second place type team who we figure is a lock behind FSU. Hence, there is a premium on winning games against the perceived tough opponents, and on winning when we are on the road.

2) When, recently, have we lost to Clemson and ended up with a record and bowl game we really wanted? You see, when we lose to Clemson, we have the ability and probability of losing to others which will drop us in the middle of the pack in the ACC. Remember UVA last year? I was there, and it was no fun. While a loss to Clemson might not be a "knockout", it would be a knockdown. Don't kid yourself. This is why Chan closed practice this week. He knows this is a monster game for many reasons.

3)Somebody posted he would take a record of 8-5. Please stay away from the players and coaches. I can assure their goals are much higher, and 8-5 is a disapointment to them and me. Back to back Seattle bowls kill recruiting, momentum, and winning.

4)Sat vs CU is also important because it is a conference game. If we lose to BYU or UGA, we can still go BCS. So, if we happened to be 3-1 after four games, lets hope the loss is to BYU - not CU.

5)OK, my outrageous comment/prediction. If we beat CU and FSU we go to the BCS. I assume any team beating those two, beats the weak sisters in the conference and maybe loses to either NC St or Maryland - but not both. So tommorrow is very important. A win probably puts us in the top 25.
A loss puts us in places I don't want to experience this year........

Welcome aboard ElvisBee I don't think I've had the pleasure before;very good uplifting post as you've said a lot I had only thought about.

Btw, are the ribs at Gridley's still wonderful?

THWG!! FEAR THE JACKETS!!

drinking.gif

Elvis........Stellar first post. As Goldeagle above stated, you brought out a lot of my thoughts.

This is a biggen! I'm cautious but optimistic!!

Still some unknowns about this team in a big game on the road, but believe this team has great chemistry. We haven't seen what this team does when the chips are down or a big momentum swing takes place (hostile environment is big for home team), but that's when you find out how tough you are and what kind of character your team has. Personally think this team has the chemistry of a great team.

Hope to see us put it all together tomorrow!!

GOOOO JACKETS!!!

Elvis.....don't leave the building!

Back