I am hearing

What do you mean by violation?

Do they have to forfeit the game? Or do you mean UGA did something dirty, nasty and wrong? That is standard ops at UGA.

JT Daniels played against Clemson with covid, is this some kind of violation
If he played with Covid and there's proof that the staff knew it, as in a positive test result less than 48 hours prior to kickoff, then there should be some major violations there. UGAg should get the death penalty and be blacklisted forever for putting the ability of the team ahead of the health and safety of everyone else on the field. It would not surprise me one bit if they did, but I'm sure they'll bury any evidence if so.

A forfeit literally does nothing in terms of their ranking or ability to make the playoff.

Dumb statement. It would if they lost the SECCG and were trying to get in as an at large.

Wouldn't matter as much as a normal loss but could absolutely see the committee using it as a tiebreaker.

If they were forced to forfeit the USC win, then that could conceivably prevent them from even getting to the SECCG. Plus, if he does have it, wouldn't that have some repercussions for this week's game as well?

We are making a mistake reading too much into an @atlantajacket statement
IRSx.gif

Big if true.

If something like this were true, that they knowingly played a player with covid, uga will be hated by everyone. Look at the reaction to Scott frost and their covid violations. That was just extra practice (but related to covid), and all the sports media was dogging on frost for not obeying covid rules. Playing a player with covid is even worse because you're knowingly exposing the other team and your players to it. The reaction to this would be glorious to watch.

JT Daniels played against Clemson with covid, is this some kind of violation
If it is a violation and he did play, the NCAA will pay as much attention to that violation as they do to the $100 handshakes and paying football players and their families to play football for UGA without paying Federal or State income taxes.

The NCAA only enforces rules against the colleges they aren’t scared of. And they are scared of all the factories because they know if they mess with the factories the factories will tell them to FO and go will make their own governing body.

Back