I am not interested in going after O'leary for the 1.5 mil

law_bee

Dodd-Like
I am not interested in going after O\'leary for the 1.5 mil

he has suffered enough. His earning capacity has been severely limited. The purpose of the buyout is to dissuade team from coming after our coaches.

If we can get it from the
elf.gif
at ND then I am all for that.

Re: I am not interested in going after O\'leary for the 1.5 mil

I agree with you lawbee... although I am not privy to the contract details... I understand it as you do ... once ND gave the offer, and it was signed and accepted, it became ND's responsibility to buy out the contract... I also agree that GOL has been thru enough, we should not go after him... he did alot of good for our program... we should be thankful...

Law and Jacketguy,
I would tend to agree with both of you. GOL has had a rough month and needs closure on this. But I'll go along with whatever DB decides on this. If he goes after some or all of the money, then so be it. My guess is that there'll be an amount smaller than the 1.5 paid to GT, but I could be wrong.

If ND contracted to pay, we don't need to rollover just cause they say so! I think now GO may need his lawyer to get it from ND. Then, I don't think we will go after GO. But, if we can bring negative PR to ND I am all for it. After all, ND started all this mess and they did not do their homework. We are the innocent victims.
bash.gif
bash.gif
bash.gif

If I remember correctly, B*** L**** (as they say on the Hive) paid his own buyout from E. Carolina in part to show how much he wanted the Tech job, but also b/c he thought it was his personal responsibility.

I concur that GT should seek all remedies against ND. They have a very arrogrant attitude regarding their school. If they won't pay, let's check with the Vatican, ha!!!!!, to see if they would intervene.
wiggle.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Back