I Am So Proud Of This Team I Could Pop

Big Buck

Flats Noob
Make no mistake about it this team was ready to play a football game. They were well coached and well motivated and played as a unit as well as any team I have seen at Tech in a while. Another plus was that Chan called a game that allowed his team to win by not playing so conservative yet not reckless. The fourth down gambles got the juices flowing as we went on fourth down twice on our first TD drive. Let's remember, Auburn shouldn't have scored at all as the Refs stuck us after we recovered an Auburn fumble around mid-field on Auburn's FG drive just before half. I know I was concerned about us wearing down due to our numbers but instead of wearing down these Jackets just got stronger. This should be a shot in the arm for our recruiting effort.

IIRC Auburn was +10 or 11 in time of possession in the first quarter. We actually held our own pretty well after that, so that's probably why the final numbers were surprising.

We're getting there. Not a perfect game by the offense but they did enough to win and are showing signs of being really good as they develop. The D was outstanding. Punting needs to improve, but ST looked good overall.

For me personally, this W was a very emotional time. All day I felt that Coach Dodd was walking the sidelines telling our team: " Men, we have these boys right where we want them and we can win".

This 2003 edition of the Rambling Wreck has become a team. We might not win some games but I feel we have at a minimum a 50-50 chance. Also, we need to work on punts and run blocking but there are always things to work on and with. I don't feel we will have any more 51-7 debacles. Team pride is alive and well on the Flats.
drinking.gif
drinking.gif

If Reggie Ball running toward the students didn't touch you, then you aren't human.

Those watching on the tube were cheated. He was such a man until the game ended, and then he looked like an excited kid - Kind of like the famous Farve moment.

He just took off toward the student section - and they were running towards him, and they met in a big moshpit lovefest.

Lou Holtz makes all his players go to the student section after each game - win or lose, and it keeps the fans with the team (and vice versa) because they have to look each other in the eye every home game.

Reggie had that kind of thing going on.

He gets so excited like Tony did last year - when he breaks loose, you can tell he just smells the end zone and can't wait to get there. He's got some serious enthusiasm.

Hey Techfowl,
You should have seen Reggie walking down YJAlley after the game. All the fans and students were chanting "REGGIE - REGGIE - REGGIE". It was really cool to see and bee a part of.

I'm stunned.Based on what we had seen before I couldn't believe the creativity in offense,and a fake punt, with an aggressive D.Really the difference was a QB that gave us an offense that scored and kept the D off the field a lot.
btw-what a catch by D Williams!

I confess, I was worried throughout the game about our time of procession, IIRC we still ended up on the low side by about 7 mins(?). However, as the game moved into the fourth quarter and we showed no signs of letting off, I remembered the stories that had come out about our teams work in the weight room in the off-season, "record setting" I believe was the quote.

Our guys took it to a bigger and supposedly better Auburn team.

When Wes announced the time of possession in the Locker Room Show, me and my Dad were shocked. We did a great job of wearing down the Auburn defense.

Back