I didn't see much of the game, BUT

JacketFanPCB

Damn Good Rat
I didn\'t see much of the game, BUT

WHY in the WORLD didn't we RUN the ball more????
This is a continuing theme with this offense this year. I know Nat didn't play today, but from what I saw we still still had a solid unit in there.

I repeat the question for the UMPTEENTH time:

WHY DO WE CONTINUE TO THROW ON 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs?? FSU's secondary may be weak, but we AREN'T strong enough to overcome it!

When we run the ball often we seem to win. Sounds simple enough.
pat.gif

Re: I didn\'t see much of the game, BUT

Great question. My take - we're still trying to do "Friedgen Light." We need a real offense NOW.
A competent OC could build on Ralph's legacy rather than be dismayed by it. If we're not going to do anything original let's at least line up and run the wishbone out of the blue like Ralph used to. Freaks 'em out!!!

It just seems that we're not really playing to our STRENGTHS which is our offensive line. That's the single BEST thing on our offensive besides our receivers. Let THEM dictate the flow of the game. USE them and run the ball more. Pass when we NEED to. That's all I'm saying really.

smile.gif

Nat Dorsey was out. The strength of our line is the left side with him and Robinson. Jeremy Phillips, bless his heart, was getting manhandled by Alonzo Jackson and his replacement, Brad Honneycutt, played well but this was the first game he has played any significant minutes. With Nat Dorsey out the line is no longer a strength from a running game perspective

Actually, Phillips & Honeycutt played pretty darn good. The only manhandling was GT's Oline taking care of FSU's Dline. No rush really got to AJ. He took a little long on some throws & they finally got to him, but Jackson NEVER did. They didn't hurry Suggs any where near as bad as GT hurried Phillip Rivers. FSU's Dline was a non-factor.
PS
Clinkscale ran 10 times for 89 yds (8.9 ypc)
PJ Daniels ran 14 times for 63 yds (4.5 ypc)
Jon Smith ran 4 times for 20 yds (5.0 ypc)

I watched the film last night. I though Honeycutt played well. On several occasions Jackson threw Phillips around like a rag doll. Jackson had several QB hurries and it reached the point that we were rolling the pocket to suggs is right to keep Jackson away. I too thought both played well but they are not Nat Dorsey. WIth Nat and Leon on the left side we have two guys that can dominate

I just watched most of the 2nd half and we seemed to KILL them when running the ball. Let's just FACE it, AJ is a decent QB but he's NOT the type to win the game by himself. His strength as proven time and again this season, is NOT the long bomb. When he ends up passing the ball over FORTY times, something is really wrong. He's good with the short and intermediate range passes, but that's about it.

NOBODY and again I say NOBODY has consistently stopped our running game ALL season. We may get stopped short for a run or two in a row, but we have been VERY effective ALL year running the ball. Even yesterday with our banged up line we WAY outgained them on the ground. Throwing on first, second, and third down has GOT to go!!!!!

pat.gif
pat.gif
pat.gif

worst than the AUC reporters...an opinion without watching the game !!!!

Avispon, READ ALL THE POSTS before attacking me please!! I watched almost ALL of the game thank you.

pat.gif

You are obviuosly going to believe waht you want to believe. What we are running with Clinkscale and PJ is a finesse running game that is set up off the pass and not vice versa

Back