I dont CARE what anyone says, I believe this ......

BeeStorm

The Dark Side of the Force
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bugboy:
The worst thing that could happen is for us to rush the decision, get a bad hire, and have to go through this process again in a few years.
Patience. .
<hr></blockquote>

Actually, the worst thing that can happy is to take a LONG time and then make a bad hire. Then you go through this again in 3 years with no good recruiting class this year.

Admin

Christmas isn't that far off either
frown.gif

my point is when the hire is made it will be one of these people

Taaffe
Robinson
Macworter

and the problem is we could have hired anyone of these three people a week ago.

At this time of the year minutes are GOLD. When you give up days and weeks for NO good reason it hurts your program.

If you think Nick Sabin, Mark Richt, and Jeff Bowden arent scooping up every recruit in the area then you are kidding yourself.

And understand we are not LSU, UGA, or FSU we have to have STUDENT-atheletes. I mean kids who can take the tuff courses. There are not a lot of those around. We have to beat the bushes harder then other schools.

las_bee

You are exactly right. I dont understand why we just dont pull the trigger and hire one of these guys. The longer we wait, the more we open the door for our competition to sign our recruits. Braine needs to go ahead and get this done. It will only help to stabilize our position and make our program stronger going forward. I dont understand why they killed you on the Hive about this-grat post!

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 86Jacket:
las_bee

You are exactly right. I dont understand why we just dont pull the trigger and hire one of these guys. The longer we wait, the more we open the door for our competition to sign our recruits. Braine needs to go ahead and get this done. It will only help to stabilize our position and make our program stronger going forward. I dont understand why they killed you on the Hive about this-grat post!
<hr></blockquote>

sometimes they have this blind loyalty with certain issues. There is no doubt that Braine did a GREAT job with the PH hire, but he is dropping the ball with this one. Within 3 days you can evaluate your candidates and then send up weather baloons on who may be interested.

Then you get to the business of interviewing and you do the deal. If you recall these are the same names we had immediately after the Tom O'Brien incident. So we have been spinning our wheels for days now and I dont understand why. There are not going to be any guarantees. Braine needs to deal and move on.

Greg Garrett in his chat today said that if we dont do something very soon it will put our program back a year on MANY fronts. On the bright side GG said he expected the deal to be done by wednesday.
sperm.gif
sperm.gif
sperm.gif
sperm.gif

lack of leadership is hurting our program. We are like a ship just floating in the water w/o a captain.

Football is NOT like basketball where you can step in and recruit 2 guys and turn your season around.

And I know this is a DEAD recruiting period, but its not like we can hire a coach at 10:00am next Monday and he can start recruiting at 10:10 that same day.

There is a TON of administrative tasks that the coach must handle. HE has to get his staff together.

This is the first time I have said this but now I am starting to lose confidence in Braine's decision making process. If we just keep waiting around and then choose JR or CT then we will have wasted one of the most important weeks in the College football calendar.

Not to mention Holtz is trying to get D. Kelley to go to South Carolina and I believe the longer we wait the more likely that happens.

I certainly dont want to hear that he will be interviewing NEW candidates. What is up with that? Where did they come from? Why have they not already been interviewed? Did they all of the sudden become qualified to do the job?

This is hearting our program in my opinion.

espn is reporting that both Notre Dame and Holtz are showing mutual interest to replace Oleary. So David Kelley may be heading to Notre Dame after all. Wouldnt that be interesting.

Admin

law bee,
Just give it time. We have to have faith in DB at this time. It's only been 8 days since O'Leary announced he was leaving Tech. The worst thing that could happen is for us to rush the decision, get a bad hire, and have to go through this process again in a few years.
Patience. As long as we have someone before Christmas, I think we'll be OK.

Back