I don't know. Is this impressive?

fishinjacket

The Legendary Myth
looks like it's 405lbs+. Not bad, but from a weightlifter/power lifter's perspective that is not a good lift. 3 red lights for that lift.

RamblinWreck09

Greatly appreciated amongst mid 30s Turkish males
looks like it's 405lbs+. Not bad, but from a weightlifter/power lifter's perspective that is not a good lift. 3 red lights for that lift.
This.

He's still pretty strong to be able to push 405 like that, but compare his lifting to someone who could actually bench 405.

This is just the first one I found -

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
I don't know, dudes got a lot of jiggle around the mid section.
Players must be stronger now. I saw Rock Perdoni bench 425 at the Area III dorm weight room back in the day and the reaction was like an Olympic world record.

malak84

Varsity Lurker
Well in 2017 Nick Chubb was benching 405-410 pounds so if you think of the workout monster chubb is then you can say this isn't bad all be it a little ugly but for a true freshman not bad he's only gonna get stronger

pkkghfn

Varsity Lurker
Looks like I saw a 5lb plate on the end which account for the 415, which, btw, is about twice his body weight (if he's still under 210).

I was always told arching you back was not good but you could lift more by doing it. (Be careful with that, young man)

All that said, this kid is INCREDIBLY strong for someone his size and age, not to mention his other athletic measurables (speed, quickness, cutting ability...).

So to answer the initial question, YES, that's impressive.

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
Its a big lift for a non-OL but I'd expect upper classmen OL to 1-rep max the bench at close to 400 lbs+. Technically, it was 3-red lights but nobody in the football weight room does competition level lifts. They're just pushing weight around to get stronger. I personally prefer olympic weightlifting to power lifting since oly lifts translates better to explosive athletic movements. Power lifting has it's benefits in the trenches, though.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
Leave it to the stingtalk buffoons to call technical violations on a high school football players bench press. I certainly hope Collins calls a redo when Jamiois rips a uga defenders face off taking it to the house if his stiff arm technique isn’t perfect.

BioJacket06

Dodd-Like
Leave it to the stingtalk buffoons to call technical violations on a high school football players bench press. I certainly hope Collins calls a redo when Jamiois rips a uga defenders face off taking it to the house if his stiff arm technique isn’t perfect.
Bro, do you even lift?

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
That's right, I forgot he's a freshman quarterback throwing that iron around like JFN.

thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza
Very, very impressive. This guy is a stud. Wait til Caralla gets a hold of him. #GAINS