I know some PO'd lettermen and other thoughts

spellingbee

Flats Noob
I know some PO\'d lettermen and other thoughts

The new lettermen club's digs are not all that hot. It's smaller, has no seating, has smaller tables at which you stand to eat, one line for the buffet, and the bathroom has but one urinal and one stool. The gentleman who passed this info to me is a member and was there today. He said, of course, the talk of the day was the "e-bay" fiasco.

His dues went up this year and he was limited in the number of guests passes he could purchase (so I didn't get to go up.) Also, it's quite a trek from the west stands to go under, over and up (the elevator.) The man never missed watching a down of football from his seats in the old club. Today he didn't make it back until just over ten minutes left in the third.

But...we won. D-line looked really good, Ball is very poised and made mature decisions, backers and d-backs looked good, everybody played HARD, the stadium was loud, and there were fewer au fans than I anticipated (still would like to see more Gold and less whatever team we are playing.) The stadium looked good, the new bookstore is nice, and our old parking spot (5th street) is now built up, and it looks pretty sharp too.

Back