I, like everyone here, does NOT

texstinger

Dodd-Like
at this point know everything that has gone down. But I have to assume there is some fire with this smoke. My question is, does anyone think clough has some accountability here? Could it also bee, that contrary to a lack of discipline, CG is demanding more of the kids? I am just asking. Would like opinions, and like I said before, at least PH beat ugag!

Techstinger, my personal opinion is the school is clamping down on the SAs to ensure they perform the work necessary to get the degree.

I remember some debates on the board right after Gailey was hired that the administration was going to get tougher on the SAs grades. Gailey even made statements that Tech would have to broaden its search for qualified students.

He asked if he would have the finances available for a national search for qualified students. There has been a lot of publicity given around the nation lately on fraudulent classes for athletes. We just saw that at UGA. I believe we are beginning to see just what this means.

There could also be some jealous repercussions from some of the professors because of the high salaries meted out to coaches.

However, if they are getting tougher, the administration should ease into the tougher restrictions as new classes are recruited each year. It is not fair to clamp down hard on SAs recruited in a lesser demanding year.

I also have one other thought, but it is real shaky at this point and may not have any merit, but I will state it anyway. I thought about it when I heard Richt had nine players who failed.

It cannot be denied that the Christians and their values are under attack all across the nation from many different fronts. It is also well known that many of todays professors are extremely liberal and have no regard for the Christian way of life.

The remote possibility exists that many professors could be biased against Christian athletes and athletes with Christian coaches. It will be interesting to see if the same similarities pop up at other colleges with the same type of coaches as Tech and UGA.

There are other "cults/religions" such as Islam that are totally against the Christian concepts. It is possible they have a network of professors in the colleges.

Like I said, this is only a thought and I have no facts to back it up.

My grandson chose a class at college this year (his first year). He has been taught well and can debate issues in the Bible. His professor told the class on the first day that he was going to destroy all the concepts they had ever learned regarding the Christian Religion.

My grandson asked him if he would be open for debate on any of the issues. The professor told him no, because he, the teacher, was the only expert on the subject in the class. My grandson immediately got up, left the room, went to the office, dropped that class, and scheduled another class.

Just some thought.

wink.gif

ahso, I hope no one is doing this to any student based on their religious beliefs, especially in America. I also have to believe that if it were to happen it would indeed happen to those who profess a faith in Jesus, the son of God.

Ahso - just out of curiosity I would ask what college that was?

As an addendum to your story - my daughter went to UNC - was in Air Force ROTC on her way to being a combat officer on a B52 (weopons officer/nav). She took a women's studies course which she almost flunked (and would have lost here ROTC scholorship over) due to the fact she refused to agree with the central premise of the course that women were victims of a white male conspiracy and she was told she did not understand what a victim she was. Needless to say I was apaled but couldn't do much about it.

Y Jacket, it was Valdosta State College this past year.

My grandson has been home schooled all except his senior year, and then he went to a private academy his senior year.

He and my daughter's whole family are students of the Bible and are well versed in its contents. They can debate the issues very well. He had already heard about the professor and was looking forward to debating him, but knew it was useless when the professor told him he could not debate him.

By the way, he finished his first year there with a 3.8 average for the year. I sponsered both my son and my grandson in Karate. My son was one belt away from achieving his black belt when he got tired of it and quit,

My grandson received his black belt in Karate just before entering his first year of college. He has been trying to get into the Air Force Academy. His was resume was accepted and he is in the files, but has not been offered a scholarship there yet.

He is in the Air Force ROTC at Valdosta State College and hopes to become a fighter pilot one day.

He and my son are the only other two Tech fans in the family. Neither are as avid as I am though.

wink.gif

Back