I like our AD...

GW it's pretty well documented that O'Leary lost about 10 players a year to all reasons. Now if someone was injured or something it was usually announced, but a lot just left school for some unstated reason. It's reasonable to think that some were due to grades, maybe not flunked out but realized they either couldn't or didn't want to do the work. I agree that nothing like what happened last year ever happened before. But the fact remains we lose about 10 guys a year for various reasons.

Understand I'm not defending Braine, just pointing out some facts.

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Wrecked:
The only person who handled the end of the Bobby Cremins era with class was Bobby.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Was that before or after Cremins toyed with the
idea of going to South Carolina?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Just for accuracy and not taking sides, but Bobby didn't "toy" with any idea. He WENT to South Carolina, they had a press conference introducing him and he was wearing a South Carolina colored tie and everything. That's not "toying." He was actually the head coach of USC (incidentally that cost us Jason Lawson who went to Villanova).

Again, I'm not taking sides here on this issue.

Speaking of Cremins, and not trying to change the subject, it is nice to see him at the football games. He is a TECH man and will always be in my book. He may have flirted with South Carolina, but he realized where his heart should be.

As for Braine, I have the same issues with him that everybody else does. Don't know if we should fire him or not. The academic casualties are the big black mark. The seating issue doesn't really affect me because I am small potatoes and wouldn't be sitting in the choice seats anyhow, but there isn't a bad seat in BDS.

NC...I'm too lazy to look the numbers up, but if you add injuries, etc. to the ten for Gailey, that is atrocious, and I will argue that the GOL numbers were &lt;10 per year. "Can you help me out Master B?"

JJacket...you most certainly have a dog in this fight. As the people got bumped out of those seats, the domino effect had to hit someone or even you. And to think they announce the big games at capacity when those pretty yellow seats lay empty. We thought O'Leary told a little fib....well that one is out there for the whole world to witness.

My problem with Braine is that he publically lies to GT fans/alumni, which is unnaceptable IMO.

GW, here is a previous post by MasterB. Since you personally know all the different reasons for their departure, here is the list from MB for you to draw your comments.

MASTERB POST
In the past 24 hours I've seen a lot of folks re-writing history on how many players left school under O'Leary. I went back to some of my old notes and depth charts and came up with what I believe is a pretty close list of players that have left our program in the last 3 years that still had eligibility left.

I used to have notes going back as far as 5 years but I don't have a soft copy of it on my computer and my hard copies are boxed up somewhere right now. So the last 3 years will have to do, but I know the year before the last one I show was as bad or worse than our worst loses.

Also, I want to be clear that I'm not trying to pre-spin any possible problems we may have coming up or make excuses for anyone, this is just for information sake to put to rest the talk of "we have never had these kinds of losses before" in reference to the rumored academic caualties.

We have had these kinds of losses before as far as numbers go, but just not as many that were directed related to school issues... so I would consider this a major concern if true. Anyway, on with the research...

1. Joe Burns (RB) – Grades, NFL
2. Tim Brown (OL) – Early grad
3. John Bennett (OL) – Medical Hardship
4. Andy Hall (QB) – Transfer
5. E.J. Kuale (LB) – Grades
6. Scott Wolf (DE) – Medical Hardship
7. Rahshan Johnson – Transfer
8. Hobie Holiday (DE) – Transfer
9. Albert Poree (DB) – Quit

1. Brian Meagher (OL) – Early graduation
2. Guentor Kryson (DT) – Medical hardship
3. Matt Miller (LB) – Medical hardship
4. Cody Price (LB) – Medical hardship
5. Berwin Echols (DT) - Transferred, grades
6. Jermaine Crenshaw (QB) – Transferred
7. Winfred Brown (DB) - left school
8. Phillip Newman (K) - Suspended, left school
9. Roderick Middleton (WR) - left school
10. Brian Lumar (WR) - left school
11. Derrick Mincey - never enrolled

1. Dez White (WR) – NFL
2. Dustin Vaitekunas – Sissy
3. Dan Mitchell – Early Graduation
4. Matt Graviet – left school
5. Jessee Moody – Early Graduation
6. Jamey Hamilton – left school
7. Jason Harrison – left school
8. Kelvin Hughley – left school
9. Matt Uremovich – Medical hardship
10. Derrick Thomas – left school
11. Selwyn Scott – left school
12. Eric Lavette – left school
13. Ashley Henderson – left school
14. Mike Kitchen – Transferred
15. Brandon Sumner – Transferred

Now I might not have everyone exactly in the right year, but the point here is that we've had approximately 35 loses in our football program over the past 3 years for guys that still had eligibility left.

Also, the reasons I put to the right of the names aren't all very specific. I put the reason as close as I could remember next to the names. I really don't know in some cases when a guy left school if it was academics related or otherwise. I hope this thread will help establish some truths when discussing this topic in the near future.

Father Time

Back