I Love College Football!

signalmtnjacket

Varsity Lurker
I woke up this morning and it was cool outside. I pulled on my "lucky" GT sweatshirt and walked out to get my Chattanooga Free Press. As I grumbled over no mention of the Tech game as usual, my wife heads out the garage door. I ask her where she going. She states, "to mow the grass." I had to check my coffee to make sure the cream had not gone bad.

My 3 year old daughter wakes up and comes downstairs climbs up in my lap and tells me she loves me.

I had a beautiful drive down to the game with one of my best friends. We solved all the worlds problems (except for the gay-episcopal thing).

What a game! My favorite moment was Henderson planting Campbell in the turf.

While my friend and I were soaking up the post game celebration, I looked over at an older guy whos seats are next to ours. We had shared critiques of the game all afternoon. He was really crying. I asked him if he was feeling ok or if he needed something.

He went on to tell me about watching all nine of the last defeats to Auburn. He talked about Bo's long run up the sideline to win in 85. He talked about the unbelievable catch in the back of the endzone in 87. He said that those two games ranked high on his most painful GT losses. He paused and said he was just glad that he got to see GT humiliate Auburn in our house. Then he gave me a big smile and pat on the back as he sat to keep watching the celebration on the field.

I love college football!

Dude...this post almost made me cry.

Or maybe its just 2am and I need to stop scouring
the message boards and get some sleep.

Back