I pity Vandy

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
I can't imagine what it must be like to be a Vandy sports fan. When we lose a few in a row to UGA, I feel semi-suicidal. But Tech always battles back to eventually defeat its large, instate, inbred brother. We suffer through the alumni and fanbase lop-sidedness. We bitch about the slanted media coverage. We endure the drooling and leg-humping from our neighbors.
Multiply this pain by infinity, and you have the Vandy sports fan. These 2000 strong souls will visit Grant Field for yet another in a long line of butt whippings. I hope they enjoy their futile journey.
GO JACKETS!!!!!
BOO

It was a whole lot worse in the mid-90's when it was clear the people in charge really didn't give a damn. I tuned out college sports from 1996 when i moved to New England until about 1999 when I got excited about hiring Coach Stallings and Chancellor Gee. Things will get better soon, because Dr. Gee doesn't seem like someone who'll be satisfied to spin our wheels for 20 years in futility (hence his aggressive tone in calling out our conference rivals who don't make an effort to graduate their players).

Good luck today. Here's hoping you get the surprise of your life.

Back