I want to send a big THANKS to the AUC for

Buzz4Him

Flats Noob
Giving us "lesser teams" in the ACC some good bulletin board material this morning.

In big bold letters on Page G1, it says "For Football, SEC rules". They go on to spout off all these statistics over the past 10 years, forgetting that there are 3 more teams that make up the SEC than the ACC.

Anyway, I hope our guys are reading this today.
I hope Clemson is reading this today.
I hope Clemson reads this before the USC game.
I hope UVA reads this before the USC game.
I hope FSU reads this before the UF game.

And I especially hope our guys are reading it and getting pumped up every day before Nov. 30th when we open up a big can over in Athens!!

so for all us out of towners what the the Urinal and constipation say?

to hell wit UGally

Screw em! Screw Schlabach, screw Hollis, screw Barnyard. "Sunny Beaches" have NEVER been right and aren't worth the pencil erasers they scratch their "arses" with.

behead.gif

Thanks for the link as usual the constipation is full of it and should go take a dump.

thefinger.gif

That article may as well have come from the Dawgvent.

"The SEC has bowl tie-ins for seven of its 12 teams; the ACC has tie-ins for six of its nine."

That settles it folks, the SEC is king! Priceless. BRAIN-DEAD.

"They've won more national championships"

LMAO! 3 for SEC (92 96 98), 2 for ACC (93 and 99). That 10 year time frame is convenient for omitting GT's in 1990.

If you read that whole article there isn't one concrete relevant fact. They gots nothin!

The AUC really outdid itself with that article. How pathetic. I hope Hollis is proud to hang his name on that.
thefinger.gif

The more teams in the SEC argument does not discount all the statistics that were presented. You can always debate statistics but but these numbers do paint the SEC as top to bottom the stronger football conference. I thought the SEC holding almost a 2/1 advantage in AP ranked teams during the period was the most telling. Not counting FSU, I do think 2-3 ACC teams are poised to become regular top 20 caliber programs like much of the SEC is. I look for Vandy to carry the SEC torch proudly on Saturday
smile.gif

SEC is stronger top to bottom. I admit that.

The ACC is not as weak as they are made out to be.

Things are closer than they seem on the field.

It's just the same old usual trash from the AUC. The fact about the polls is pointless. Polls are just all perception. Otherwise you would not have FSU #3 to start the year, nor Penn State in the Top 25 at all. The perception of the SEC being the best or next to best football conference will ALWAYS equate to 4 - 6 ranked teams in EVERY poll. Once the season starts, whoever from the SEC is knocked off by another SEC team and knocked out of the polls, is usually just replaced by another SEC team in the polls. Just look at the current polls. South Carolina is NOT a Top 25 team, period. Alabama and Auburn are just waiting to get in once SC loses. The SEC should only have 4 Top 25 teams right now, only 33% of the conference: UT, UF, Uga and LSU. Bama, Auburn and SC are not Top 25 teams now, but that could change.

Just my two cents.

This debate about an AUC article is exactly what they want. They do not care about accuracy or objective reporting. What they care about is selling papers and hits on their web site. Both drive up ad revenue and make them money. As long as there is controversy and someone is reading their trash, they make money. Face it, the majority of their readership are Ugag and SEC fans and that is who they play to. It won't change so the best thing to do is ignore them and let them comtinue to cater to the delusions of the puppies and their ilk.
bash.gif

I wonder what their analysis would look like if they only used the last 5 years....

Always remember that 'polling' is what turns bulls into steers. The late,great British statesman Benjamin Disraeli once said "there are lies, damned lies, and statistics." Granddaddy summed it up when he said"figures can lie and liars can figure."

Wish I could meet some of you guys this w/e but I will be getting my 10 yr old nephew ready for his first dove shoot!

THWG! FEAT THE JACKETS!
bigthumbup.gif
drinking.gif

Back