If Bilbo wants to transfer, what is the cutoff date? And other musings...

The Gnome of Zurich

Varsity Lurker
And wouldnt he have only 2 years left? It seems he better work out at wide receiver. The kids are resilient and will rally around BALL as it seems they may have already. I dont think Bilbo was a leader at all as he kept struggling. Freddie and Nate want the ball and if BALL can get it to them, then this will all be a distant memory come AUG 28. Good move by Gailey, but what a poor communicator he is. Hope our line stays intact or it will be rough. By the way, how many OFFENSIVE LINEMAN HAVE WE RECRUITED the last 2 years? Just Checking who is going to help Ball out in th future. We have 25 ships to give, better get 7 or 8 O-Lineman at the rate we are going through them. Also, you never have enough OL's cause you never know who will pan out either, and a few in our depth chart right now have not panned out.

If Gaileys such a bad communicator then why hasnt Bilbo transferred? He has not and will not..Landrey or Logan didnt transfer did they after their move from QB ?? Its a no-story now except for the few that want to keep it going....

Gnome,
I'm glad somebody else has noticed the lack of Off linemen we have in house.The ONLY OL from 2 yrs ago left the team and last yr was short also(not even debating the quality).Show me the 300+ lb OL stud ready to take over next yr or really even yr after that..
Most teams have these size guys ready.Our "grow-em for 3 yrs and then play " won't work when they flunk/quit or are needed sooner.
If this recruiting yr is not BIG on OLs,we are headed for tag fball, no power.

Not sure if the questions was rhetorical - we have had 6 new players on OL the last 2 years:

'02:
McHargue - left team
Brezina - moved to DL

'03:
Parker
Rhodes
Tuminello
Johnson

As of today our OL looks as follows for 1st team
LT - JR LG - JR Center - Senior RG-rSoph RT-JR

We would lose 1, possibly 2 (If Dorsey goes pro after this year). We should have at least 3 returning starters next year.

Behind them:
LT- rSo LG- JR Center- Fr RG-rSo RT -rSR

So we would lose 1 of them (Hardy)

That leaves a returning 7 or 8 on the 2 deep for next year. Parker and Rhodes are not included in this list, so we would have 9 or 10 returning.

I think the staff is looking at 3-4 this year (I would have thought 5, but what do I know).

14-15 seems about the right number to me.

No hard panic yet (obviously winding up with zero from 2 years ago hurt). But we do need numbers and quality this year. We have already started out with 1, thats a good sign.

We actually need DTs worse, as we only have 4 on the roster.

All in one idiots opinion, of course.

Ala... Your point about us needing Olineman for the future is valid..However Chan and the boys ARE already working on that..We just got a verbal from a big boy out of Nebraska ( Now when have we ever signed a BIG UGLY from Nebraska ) And we have in Camp the big Boy who just came over From Morris Brown he is a Soph.at 6-6 320 lbs.. So it is being addressed...We do need to and i expect us to sign 5 to 7 OL this year...

Tiar...About Def. Lineman this is one BIG Improvement from the old Oleary days that Chan is and will be improving..We signed Wrotto and Newberry both 300lbs++ and its been said that we will do better in that area...It will take 2 to 3 years to see the play improvement of our Def. Line on the field as it usually takes 2 years for Def. Lineman to make a big impact....

The recruiting of offensive lineman is a HUGE concern. We need to sign AT LEAST 5 OLineman this year.

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Tiar...About Def. Lineman this is one BIG Improvement from the old Oleary days that Chan is and will be improving..We signed Wrotto and Newberry both 300lbs++ and its been said that we will do better in that area...It will take 2 to 3 years to see the play improvement of our Def. Line on the field as it usually takes 2 years for Def. Lineman to make a big impact....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Definitely could be another Battleship in Wrotto.

Actually, besides BALL, I am more excited about Wrotto and Newberry than anything else. Having 1 possibly 2 guys to plug up the middle and free the LB's to make the play is HUGE! It will be interesting to see how Pollack does this year with Sullivan gone pro unless they have another guy in the middle. And if we get ANY pressure up the middle at all it will help new Def. Backs tremendously. We havent had that in a long time.

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
Actually, besides BALL, I am more excited about Wrotto and Newberry than anything else. Having 1 possibly 2 guys to plug up the middle and free the LB's to make the play is HUGE! It will be interesting to see how Pollack does this year with Sullivan gone pro unless they have another guy in the middle. And if we get ANY pressure up the middle at all it will help new Def. Backs tremendously. We havent had that in a long time.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">True. It would be great to be able to get some pressure on opposing QB's without having to bring the house like we have in the past.

Back