If Chan was your "girlfriend"

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
I was told this humorous analogy by a fellow Tech fan, and I thought I would share it will the board:
Think of Coaches like girlfriends. Take Chan Gailey for instance. He(she) is of average beauty and personality. You could do much worst, but you realize that there are many more beautiful ladies(coaches) out there. Your eyes roam. You see that hot babe up in Athens. You've admired that fine lady down in Tallahassee for years. You ask yourself, "Couldn't I have done better? Am I happy with this girl, or do I go for something a little more racey and fun. What do the other guys think of her? Is my self-confidence level holding me back from trying to step it up a few notches in the eye candy(coaches) dept.?"
The analogy is a good one. Many Tech people have a low self-confidence level, and are willing to accept an "average" coach(girlfriend). But all are jealous of that guy up in Athens with that sweet hottie in his arms.
BOO

No complex here.

I dated a UGA girl for quite awhile and then I
ended up marrying a FSU girl.

But...to continue your analogy...

At least we're not stuck with the "ladies" our
Clemson and UNC neighbors have to put up with.
(IE: Bowden and Bunting)

BDG,

Pretty good analogy......although in your analogy, I am not sure she would be considered all the way up to average.
shocked.gif

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
I was told this humorous analogy by a fellow Tech fan, and I thought I would share it will the board:
Think of Coaches like girlfriends. Take Chan Gailey for instance. He(she) is of average beauty and personality. You could do much worst, but you realize that there are many more beautiful ladies(coaches) out there. Your eyes roam. You see that hot babe up in Athens. You've admired that fine lady down in Tallahassee for years. You ask yourself, "Couldn't I have done better? Am I happy with this girl, or do I go for something a little more racey and fun. What do the other guys think of her? Is my self-confidence level holding me back from trying to step it up a few notches in the eye candy(coaches) dept.?"
The analogy is a good one. Many Tech people have a low self-confidence level, and are willing to accept an "average" coach(girlfriend). But all are jealous of that guy up in Athens with that sweet hottie in his arms.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">CALLING DR. FREUD!! CALLING DR. FREUD!!

it's a downright stupid anology. but i'll play along.

one year in college football = one date.
first year in college football = first date!

breaking up with your girlfriend after a mediocre first date is shallow although i don't put anything shallow or classless past bobby dodd's ghost and his likes.

gailey and Tech had an average first date. it was not a success nor was it a failure. there were highs and lows.

by focusing on the lows and not giving a hoot about the highs, especially after the first date, we might break up with the girlfriend who could have been our "soulmate".

is our present girlfriend a "soulmate"? i don't know. neither do you! is our present girlfriend a witch ready to eat us alive??? i don't know. neither do you. neither does our girl friend!

nobody is stuck with a girlfriend. if things don't work out, relationships are ended. sometimes girlfriends do the dumping and move to what they perceive as "bigger and better" a La O'Leary

when you get dumped by your former girl friend and commence the courting and get into the dating scene again, you try and pick up what you perceive to be the right girlfriend for you.

perhaps the likes of bobby dodd's ghost want the "right now" girl friend rather than the "right" girl friend.

Dennis Franchione was the "right now" girlfriend for Alabama. the girlfriend used and abused the relationship and then dumped the "boyfriend" and moved on

when we got dumped by our former girlfriend .. who lied to us and cheated us .. we "picked up" the best girlfriend we could at that time .. the one with most promise ..

our first date wasn't a huge hit .. but it wasn't a complete bust. time will tell if it won't work out for us.

if it does work out, the demand for CROW will reach epic proportions and i'm afraid that CROW will become extinct if not an endangered species since we'll be serving so much of it here on stingtalk.

if it doesn't work out, we will have to find another girlfriend .. the best we can find at that time

Originally posted by ylojk8:
.. we "picked up" the best girlfriend we could at that time .. the one with most promise ..

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">There is enough BULL in the above quote to feed all the 3rd world countries for the next 100 years.

Actually, to stay with the girlfriend analogy, we got Miss Piggy in a poke.

beeware, thanks for reading my post. of course you disagree with it.

you claim that the best girlfriend to be picked up then was Mac ..

i don't think you are in the position to pick a girlfriend for all us Tech fans but you are welcome to your opinion .. the guy who picked our girlfriend and has the power to do so is Dave Braine .. but of course he is "Braine dead" to you.

answer these questions beeware ..

originally posted by BamaWreck

POT CALLING KETTLE...POT CALLING KETTLE

can't debate the message???
for 13 months now, you have avoided the "message"
of
1. why 7-5 in 2001 is so wonderful...and yet 7-5 is in 2002 is a season lost.
2. how our "wonderful seattle bowl staff" was not so wonderful. i.e. danny crossman and peter mccarty being quite possibly the worst position coaches we have had here....david kelley being a huckster... ted in over his head as DC...
3. without ralph, george is just 2 games over .500 like....7-5....with ALL THAT TALENT as you say
4. ALL THAT TALENT...o'leary did not leave the cupboard full like you claim....just ask the NFL..
5. mcwhorter joining the "YOU DON'T HIRE AN ASSISTANT FROM THE CURRENT STAFF CLUB". joining the likes of torbusch, dubose, goff, west, bobby williams...mac could have been on the list with solich (neb) this year..any bets on doba from wash. st. joining the list in a year or two.
( larry coker you say???? well, then we need to define what ALL THAT TALENT really means, because he's got it)

there are are so many more...but let's start with those 5...i'll be waiting....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">if you answer them, we can assess how much BULL you can dish out

the talent was great in 2001 .. we had the promise of a BCS orgasm with our date from the former girlfriend and her assets.

alas we had a mediocre date, which was really sad since we had been dating our former girlfriend and her assets regularly

then we played a bowl game against stanford .. whose girlfriend dumped them to leave for the boyfriend who picked our former girlfriend initially. could it have been that stanford's girlfriend was a little preoccupied flirting with Notre Dame?

after all that happened, we lost a lot of the talent from the 2001 class to graduation, ineligibilities and injuries. and we ended up with another 7-5 season.

what makes you think that one of the assets of our former girlfriend could have done better in 2002 with less talent that they had in 2001. if they are such good at giving head .. why didn't they deliver in 2001??

aaaaaaand this post is dead .. sadly beeware is not going to answer those questions.

we may have a pig in a poke but beeware is a HIPPOcrite.

ylojk8.... Beeware is a Georgia guy on this board.. he IS NOT going to answer any questions that require logic.. he just gets his kicks over here..

7 wins in 2001 was average.. 7 wins in 2002 was average... what wasnt average is that we were preseason #9 in 2001 .. you know that, I know that, everybody in the world knows that, with the exception of the mentally challenged.

Originally posted by jacketguy:
you know that, I know that, everybody in the world knows that, with the exception of the mentally challenged.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">No, jacketguy, I'm pretty sure beeware knows too.
I sure hope everyone picks that up.
drinking.gif

Back