if Maryland goes sub .500 what is the fallout?

law_bee

Dodd-Like
will the fridgefest be over? In 3 years he will be regretting not taking the gt job.

I think this year for Fridge is like last year for Hewitt, basically a free pass. They lost alot but recruited well. I think they will get better as the year goes on (won't threaten any really good teams) and finish 7-5, 6-6 or so. Even with a losing record next year is more important IMO.

Long term, there is no reason MD can't be a solid football school. They were when Ross was there, you can major in just about anything you want, and they are in a great location, not too far for PA, VA players.

I think the Fridgefest from the national media will be over after this year. Last year bought him several years at Maryland. I think he would of been much better off in the short and long term had he accepted the Tech offer. Much better recruiting base, national reputation, money, and consistent fan support for football. Maryland has been a b-ball school ever since Lefty showed up and that includes the Ross days.

I would not write the Fridge off that quickly.Losing an All ACC TB and the best QB really tends to kill offenses and the D ain't that bad.He may not roll this year but long-term ,if he recruits we know he can coach.

Back