If our OL is all that its supposed to be

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
it could be a big help to whoever the QB is.....By hopefully giving us a good ground game and opening up play-action passing...

When Tech plays anybody during the season, particularly teams that I am not that familiar with --- The first thing I look at is their OL....To me, thats the first indication of how good a team is...... an experienced, good OL is a good indicator of how good the team will be....

If we remain injury free on OL, we could be better than expected - regardless of a frosh QB...Giving more time to throw, a good ground game etc., all take the pressure off the QB...

By the same token, with a BAD OL, even a great QB struggles....

The point being - with our OL, as good as they will hopefully be - this may be the best case scenario to start a frosh QB..

Additionally, if we start Ball, maybe we'll see some more option this year ???? How welcome would THAT be ????

There is nothing that will help a young QB like early success and a strong OL will certainly give a kid some sense of security. For some reason aside from logic I have a good feeling about our QB situation. I guess some of my optimism springs from the fact that the coaches are effusive in praising the kid as it pertains to his quick grasp of the offense as well as his maturity at his early years. Another plus is the fact that young BALL was reported to have said that starting was his goal. This was said early on and is a good indicator as it pertains to his confidence. Every exceptional QB that I know of has one thing in common and that is confidence bordering on cockiness. I feel that young Ball has
this quality.

Big Buck..You said something ive been thinking for 2 to 3 days now..Your best Quarterbacks border on being cocky..I say the best ones usually are cocky or at the very least very confident. See: Steve Spurrier..

You can just tell that Ball is that..He is trying to be very careful right now with his words BUT you can just tell he feels HE is the man and has felt that all along.. That is a fact i like most about him....

Big Buck, Blackwatch, agree. I don't think it is a false cockiness. When a person is confident in his abilities, it shows. It does not necessarily mean he is cocky, but it comes across like that to some.

If Ball has confidence in himself, it is easily transferred to other players. It tends to rub off on them. He just might be good and knows it.

Father Time

Back