If Tech & WF both finish 6-6, who do you think

It would be a crime if Wake did not get to go. I want us in a bowl and everything, but they beat us head to head.

I would say neither. Don't you have to win seven games before being bowl elligble?

wink.gif

Only if you play 13 REGULAR season games this year. Otherwise 6 wins with a 12 game schedule puts you in a bowl. Take this to the bank. I am 110% sure this is the rule (this year).

I would think that, despite the head-to-head, we would go over WF based solely on reputation and national exposure. It may not be right, but its all about the $.

Remember, too, that the ACC picked up another no-name bowl for this year. There is a good chance that a 6-6 ACC team will go bowling.
BOO

I look at it this way:

Best win:
for Wake would be Georgia Tech
for GT would be UVA (assuming the 6th win is against Duke)

Worst loss:
for GT would be Wake
for Wake would be Northern Illinois.

Based on that (and GT will sell more tickets*), I think GT will be chosen over Wake.

*If the Queen City Bowl (or Charlotte Bowl, whatever it's called) is choosing between GT and Wake, then Wake will be chosen based on the proximity to the school.

Wake gets the nod for the final slot, the Charlotte Bowl. I base this on head to head and more fans in the stands.

Personally, I do not think any team should be invited to a bowl game with a 6-6 record. It is iffy with a 7-5 record, however, you have to take it because it gives the coaches extra time to coach the young kids for next year.

drinking.gif

A bowl would be a semi-positive for this team if it finishes at 6-6. Nothing to be proud of, but nothing to be too ashamed of either. We really need to win 7 to kick start recruiting, and gain respect after what happened with WF and MD. I'd love to see us in the Tangerine Bowl. Bowls north of Atlanta don't crank my tractor.
BOO

Back